Original topic:

why shouldn't the s9and note 9 get 3 years of support ?

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 04:13 PM)
abhi0410
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey guys ,
This was just a thought, why shouldn't the s9 and note 9 get one UI 3 /android 11, when the note 10lite  is similarly specd with exynos 9810 and it is eligible for the 3 year support . Also ,I think Samsung should up their update game cz users literally pay 1000$ and upwards for a smartphone . But when they're gonna disappoint customers by not giving them software support for at least 3-4 years ..why buy a Samsung .will get an iPhone and use it for 4-5 years straight . The exynos 9810 is much much powerful when conpared to A51 and A71 and they're eligible for this update . Jus wanted to know how many guys agree with me 

19 Comments
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Lol people are holding on to their phones longer than 2 years now.

Performance has improved and so has the battery lifespan.

There's a reason why Smartphone sales are dropping.
AbhijithAshok
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
i didn't mean that nobody holds flagships more than 2 years, i said majority of people don't hold flagship more than 2 years..even lot of Indian customers are upgrading to latest flagships every year...
0 Likes
Ghanshyam01
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Very true,Totally agreed 👍
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Similar questions were asked on this forum by our Note 8 brothers for Android 10 and UI one. What did they achieve nothing as Samsung did nothing. Now you happen to ask the similar question and Samsung will do nothing. So be contented with what we have or else upgrade. I know I am being cynical but this is the fact. We will not get any more upgrade to Android 11. Cheers🤪🤪
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note

to the point brother, I never wanted the android update all I wanted was UI update never wished for the android update for me android 10 with one UI 2.1 is more than enough 

0 Likes
abhi0410
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
hahah,quick fact check . security levels get better with os updates .security patches isnt on par with os updates fyi
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note

me personally think it's not needed I am still happy with the s9 not getting update of android 11  I would not like to sacrifice the feature which is present the devices one UI 3.0 means more removal of features its good that I am not getting the os update if Samsung wants to give then better give 2.5 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note

you got the one ui 2.1 isnt that 3 major updates what else you want beyond this 

0 Likes
abhi0410
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
brother u clearly don't know what your saying 🤣🤣🤣. going by your logic we've got more than 5 major os updates
0 Likes
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
"Planned obsolescence" is the word.