Original topic:

why shouldn't the s9and note 9 get 3 years of support ?

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 03:59 PM)
abhi0410
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey guys ,
This was just a thought, why shouldn't the s9 and note 9 get one UI 3 /android 11, when the note 10lite  is similarly specd with exynos 9810 and it is eligible for the 3 year support . Also ,I think Samsung should up their update game cz users literally pay 1000$ and upwards for a smartphone . But when they're gonna disappoint customers by not giving them software support for at least 3-4 years ..why buy a Samsung .will get an iPhone and use it for 4-5 years straight . The exynos 9810 is much much powerful when conpared to A51 and A71 and they're eligible for this update . Jus wanted to know how many guys agree with me 

19 Comments
drsrav62
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes.. 100 % true
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note

personally I dont think its needed Samsung will remove more features than adding anything just like the pro video mode removed in the android pi slide to zoom removed 

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Bro I know it's hard to swallow but see even if they allowed Note 9 and S9 then S8 and Note8 series buyers will be the same like you.

And another thing is Note 10 lite is new modal, released with Android 10 (So it will get Android 11 and 12 but Note 9 won't, thats the policy).

Another thing to sum up is Its not just about Samsung they have to ask Google first to do so, so this is pretty complicated thing.

abhi0410
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
now that Samsung has stepped up with this whole 3year support ...all I'm asking is why can't they continue to give update for the current android 10 phones .s8 and note 8 is out of the picture cz They didn't even get android 10 ...the phone is very capable of running Android 10. idk I honestly feel android has taken their customer base for granted . makes me want to lean more towards iOS these days
Galaxy Note
But they won't bro cus they also have to sell new phones. Do you think people who have Note 9, after they get Android 12 will buy Note 20/21, The answer is no. So the company want people to buy phone's so they will do low-key anything to make people buy new ones rather than using old phones.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note

exactly voice well said  

AbhijithAshok
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
majority of people don't hold flagship more than 2 years...so 2 years of support is sufficient... anyways samsung gives 3 android update since s10...
abhi0410
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
An average iPhone user changes his phone once in every 3 years . mind you there was a time when android phones were much cheaper than iphomes and now android as well as the iPhone pretty much sell at the same price .so don't u think they should give users a similar experience as far as software support is concerned.look at iOS man iPhone 6s is getting iOS 14 .... literally 5 years of software support and it isn't even as powerful as the Samsung's (iPhone 6s,7,7plus)
AbhijithAshok
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
i agree bro, it's a fact... but when it comes to samsung the features are rich compared to stock android and ios... as an android user, I'm not happy with just 2 android upgrades...