Original topic:

exynos 990 note 20 ultra battery and heating issue

(Topic created on: 10-22-2021 12:48 PM)
imf1614
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
THE WORST BATTERY ON A SMARTPHONE.. THE EXYNOS 990 IS THE WORST SOC I'VE USED IN A WHILE.. THE PHONE HAD THE POTHENTIAL TO BE THE BEST PHONE MANUFACTURED BY SAMSUNG.. BUT BECAUSE OF THE EXYNOS VARIANT ITS THE SHITTIEST PHONE EVER AND EXYNOS CHIPSETS ARE JUST COSTING SAMSUNG LOSS OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

#note20ultra #exynos990 #batterydrain #batterylife 
13 Comments
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Definitely its the worst samsung flagship processor.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Agreed
But still can tweak software and optimize it
May be One UI 4 Does The Job

One UI 4 Have Samsung’s Older Power Management Control In System ✌
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
There is a limit on how softwares can do things, meaning there won't be a major difference.
Major difference probably can only be achieved by extremely lowering the clock speeds of these M5 cores, leading to cause more lags.

This is something physically wrong with their Mongoose core architecture, no matter what power management is used, the cores will consume huge amount of power.

Good they got rid of it in S21 lineup.
Galaxy Note
kernel throttle controller need to be more interactive to control heat
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Its probably running at its best.
Being a custom kernel developer, I'm aware that lowering or increasing the "clock speed" beyond a certain limit will cause the device to reboot every time you turn it on.

They probably have to shut down 2 M5 cores permanently to achieve it. That would make its performance lower than today's mid range. Samsung seems to be out of options in this case.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Not only that

Using this guardian app limit performance of core apps when it start heating this helps a lot users
Threshold Controller Screenshot_20211022-135658_Thermal Guardian.jpg
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Even limiting it is gonna be helpless.
It may work effectively for non-Mongoose cores like you have got stock ARM-cortex cores, they are stable and efficient enough.

These probably can only be fixed by remaking or redesigning them.

I'm an S9+ user and have got M3 cores. Its terrible at battery like I can't do anything other than changing the phone with a Snapdragon model.

Its like trying to fix a physically broken component using a software.
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
The culprit is the exynos chipset. You cannot do anything except use it . Cheers
AryamanSharma
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
💯% Agreed.
0 Likes