Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Use two live-sync'd-cloned devices

(Topic created on: 11-15-2022 08:31 PM)
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Is there a way to have a 100% sync and clone of two devices that can run and sync simultaneously and use all the same apps and accounts?

I want to run 2 cloneď/ mirrored/synced devices simultaneously and logged in to the same accounts, sharing/syncing the same info. 
For more clarity, if the devices were both switched on and next to each other: 
1. if a call came in they would both ring. this is a network feature. 
2. if a whatsapp or text or email etc came it would update on both devices. 
3. if i sent a text/whatsapp/email etc or made a call from one, it would sync on the other 
4. at any time i should be able to pick up either device and the contents would be exactly the same as the other. 
5. all the same apps, linked to all the same accounts, and all the data and history etc all perfectly synced. 
to try answer my own question: 
whatsapp, email, and google browser, google drive, one drive etc should all sync. i am however not sure about regular apps that require logins, whether they would sync info or whether they could even handle running two simultaneous instances on different devices…. 
who out there is knowledgeable enough to know the answer or establish a solution….? 
i believe it is a function that would serve many people well. our phone do many things better than pc’s especially in terms of processing and distribution information. as a result we want to do more and more stuff through our phones. this results in high physical traffic on our phones which get interrupted by calls and other tasks. plus we are trying to do so much on a small screen. a solution would be to have a Samsung S8 ultra tablet as a fully synchronized clone “desktop version” of your phone that can do all the heavy lifting and leave your phone free for other tasks, BUT both devices are 100% synced so wherever you are with your phone you still have all the info. 
why does link to pc and dex not solve this issue….: because it still require your phone to do all the heavy lifting, and a mouse is not the optimal interface for mobile. you still want to use your hands… 

19 Comments
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Oh...
Samsung me very app shows the notice but not the comment on the thread. Weird!

Which app couldn't run 2 instances....? Is this a hinderence to my plan...?
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
you cant open the same app twice on the same device..
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Ok. But you said on another device its fine... Good. Thanks!
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
yes like all your emails be in sync when you open them on both devices with auto sync otherwise you will have to manually sync/refresh it
0 Likes
M2NGWA
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
but to answer your question in simple terms, enable auto sync on your devices and they will be continuously updated and be in sync as it is meant exactly for the query.
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Okay, for WhatsApp, I see some people haven't discovered the new beta in progress (Multiple devices, same number). Enroll in WhatsApp Beta and download the latest update. There's a new feature that allows you to use WhatsApp on multiple devices (4 phones and 1 tablet) simultaneously like WhatsApp Web/Windows.

You'll need to open WhatsApp on the secondary device > click continue > link device.
Once you do that, you'll see a QR code. Scan it like you'd link your WhatsApp account to WhatsApp Web through your main account. Try like once or twice, it worked for me on the 2nd time. The sync is great but I haven't yet tested calling.
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi. WhatsApp is not the only concern. What about EVERYTHING else...?
Thanks!!
0 Likes
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
You would need to find an app that can link both or you need to go to your mobile carrier and ask about this.
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks for your input
jodesta
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Remove the cloned device
0 Likes