Original topic:

Suspicious files and folders getting created in Internal storage.

(Topic created on: 02-22-2021 08:14 PM)
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello. I was just scrolling through the internal storage and saw two suspicious folders there.
1. .DataStorage folder (Hidden Folder). Inside the folder there is a file called ContextData.xml and size 213B.
2. .UTSystemConfig folder (Hidden Folder). Inside there is another folder called Global. Inside Global there is a file called Alvin2.xml and size 167B.
Both the folder got created at the same time and date i.e. 22nd February 2021 at 3.36PM.
I haven't installed or uninstalled any apps today. Only Samsung's Email client and Samsung Health app got updated today via Playstore.
Scanned my device using Kaspersky and Dr Web Light and no malware was found.
Did some Google search and come to know that the above mentioned folders are created by malware and also got to know that UC browser or dolphin browser can cause this. XDA forum says might be caused by AliExpress app as well. But I never installed any of these apps.
So I deleted those two folders and rebooted my device and it came back again and with same files and folders and size.
Can anyone help me with this.
Thanks.
5 Comments
bssunilreddy
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Don't ever download that UC Browser because its Chinese malware or even maybe a Chinese Spyware.
Do a full system reset or hardware level reset.
0 Likes
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I said I never installed UC browser
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
AndréasDR
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hello,

Any news on that subject ? Since today I have exactly the same files but no explanation on how they got created.

I don't know if they are bad files and if can / should remove them. 

Thanks in advance for answer.

Regards,

FzCS
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Gibt es hier Feedback? das gleiche auf meinen Huawai und Samsung Geräten!? 

0 Likes