Original topic:

Standalone 5G (Jio True5G / SA5G) on Note 20 Ultra 5g purchased in the UAE

(Topic created on: 06-21-2023 02:13 AM)
Bibx
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I have updated my phone to the latest official software. My phone is purchased in the UAE and 5G works well there with a local SIM. However, in India Jio True5G doesn't work although the Jio app says that my phone is now capable of using Jio 5G after I update my phone to the latest software.

I believe the name 5G in the phone itself was one of the reasons I bought the phone when 5G was a new concept globally. Will it receive the standalone 5g support to run Jio 5G in India? Or is buying the flagship phone of Samsung not worth it for the money paid?

0 Likes
15 Comments
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
H
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
As per the terms and conditions of Jio Network will work for devices purchased within India onlyScreenshot_20230326_105238_MyJio.jpg
0 Likes
Bibx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes, I've noticed that starred little clause at the bottom. However, devices made for UAE and India are almost identical when it comes to hardware. In the highest probability, this must be a software limitation. Samsung and Jio shouldn't restrict 5G usage just because I bought my phone abroad. I don't get the logic!
0 Likes
sukhjinders
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Only smartphone purchased in india eligible for JIO TRUE 5G other will receive later
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Devices outside India will never get Jio 5G network
0 Likes
Bibx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Are you sure that it will never work?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Yes, As per Jio terms and conditions. You can check the screenshot I have shared
0 Likes
Members_Ke0CeDJ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

but, my brother using jio 5g free unlimited data in aboard purchase phone.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Which device is that iPhone?
0 Likes