Original topic:

Software update leads to network error

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 07:25 AM)
PradeepNote10
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,

I have updated security pat of 1 Feb 2023, I did this last week. Since then I am experiencing very bad network. My wife have same network of Jio in her Samsung M33, that is working fine side by side. She has not updated the security patch yet.

I tried different location and compared with other people at same spots. I came to conclusion that there is some mess up with recent update. I came to conclusion that there is mess with recent update by Samsung.

This way my Samsung Galaxy note 10 lite is embarrassing me everywhere as I have to ask for Hotspot to friends. I have replaced 5 Chinese phone in my family by Samsung just because Samsung gives 4 years software update.

Surprisingly Chinese phone performs better after 4 years even if they don't give software updates after 2 years.

Have your engineers did proper testing before releasing the security patach? Afterall they are human too to make mistakes. And customer face inconvenience due such events.

Regards,
Pradeep
2 Comments
Arigh
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
If your phone runs 5 yrs without issue,,there is no profit of conpany..so after 2 years they push bad update to brick the phone,and made u compelled to upgrade phone...4 yrs update is just for show.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same and please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.

Kindly restart your smartphone once and also re-insert your SIM card.
Check device network in an open area: Kindly check your device in a different location/network coverage area.

Check device network mode settings
Please follow the below steps.
Step1: Navigate to the app's screen and tap on Settings.
Step2: Tap on Connections.
Step3: Tap on Mobile networks.
Step4: Tap on network mode SIM1 or SIM2.
Step5: Select network mode.
Note: We recommend setting device network mode as LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) mode.

Kindly do check the same SIM card in another phone or another SIM card on the same phone to verify the issue.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes