Original topic:

Screen Discoloration

(Topic created on: 07-30-2020 09:02 AM)
Sourabhd2
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello Members, After I updated my Galaxy Note 9 to latest Security Patch, my Display Screen got less Colored. I am facing issues with the Screen Colors, same thing happened to my friend's Note 9 who also updated his phone and got screen Glitches and discoloration.
When I googled, I found lot of users have experienced this problem and there's no solution from the company end.
If anyone here could help.
10 Comments
Abdul_Rahman
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
In next software update it can get fix until you have to use like that only
0 Likes
Tejdeepk
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have waited from for the software fix from march'20 to till date. there are 2 SPL's released. major one in June's and a minor one in July'20. both of those releases didn't fix any of these underlying issues. not even 10% of it.
0 Likes
Abdul_Rahman
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Ok than you have to complain about this problem to samsung customer care on WhatsApp 180057267864
Samsung_CmkgpoS
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I am also having the same issue after the March update...

I almost tried everything to fix it... but still the same when the brightness changes.... 

And I don't think it can be fixed by a software update..  probably it's a hardware issue..

0 Likes
Tejdeepk
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
a quick temporary fix: Go to Settings > Display Settings > Screen Mode > select Adaptive Display and change white balance to cool.
once this is done, you can set the display brightness from 0 to 15% and 90 to 100%. you'll not experience discoloring and yellowish screen only at those percentages and beyond 15 to 89% (approx percentages) will bring back those issues on screen. some one in another channel has shared this and I'm using it from last 1to2 days and it worked for me. try it out and let me know.
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologies for your inconvenience. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
shrenz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
same here I feel we need to go to consumer court. @Samsung is not taking any responsibility..I have been a loyal samsung user for many years, and after spending so much for a phone I end up experiencing such weird issues...
0 Likes
md63
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
try keeping always on display mode on, tap on the screen before unlocking your phone, it will work
this is just a temporary fix
0 Likes
RubinTech
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Samsung Note 9 Display Problems
Please Join only if you are facing the Display discoloration or Overheating or horizontal lines on display when the brightness is set to low. All these issues are started recently after software update, not by any accidental or physical damage to display.
https://t.me/samsungDisplayProblem
0 Likes