Original topic:

SOLUTION: PWM on Samsung Phone Displays

(Topic created on: 07-25-2020 05:29 PM)
Giriblueking
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

A lot of people have been complaining over the last decade about (Pulse Width Modulation) PWM which is used in Samsung displays on their mobile phones where the brightness is controlled through less hz flickering which has an adverse effect on the eyes of many sensitive people. I have recently found a solution to it many people are already using it but I thought I would do a post on it to spread knowledge for those who are not yet aware of this.

1. Download the app "Screen Dimmer" from Google Play Store.

2. Increase brightness on your phone to 100% with manual

3. Setup brightness through this app's brightness controller. 

I can assure you 80% of users would immediately feel the difference.

The app uses a layer of black color to dim brightness, without actually reducing brightness on device. Hence at 100% Brightness,  PWM is not activated. 

3 Comments
AZE1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I've been a Samsung Smartphone fan for over 10 years, as well as a few other work colleagues, until 1 year ago when I noticed the PWM problem (eyes ache, headache, etc..)
Therefore I, as well as all colleagues who have the same problem, switched to "Xiaomi Redmi Note x" and since then there is no problem!

It's a pity that Samsung doesn't do anything about PWM problems.

Giriblueking
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Did you try 3rd party dimmer app? It works for me. Though it is not ideal. Samsung should give facility for DC Dimming.
JBenden
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Almost two years later but this really helped me. Just go the Galaxy Tab S8 and I immediately started getting eye strain. After applying this fix it seems to be helping. Have to wait and see long term. Really like this tablet, but I'm returning it if this doesn't get rid of the issue. 

0 Likes