Original topic:

S Pen nibs

(Topic created on: 10-20-2020 12:02 PM)
panglossian
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,

Can someone confirm if they are able to get a set of replacement nibs for S Pen?

1. Checked on Samsung store - Samsung doesn't sell the nibs and the so called Product EXPERTS couldn't understand what I am asking for.

2. Chat with Support - Even they struggled to understand what I am asking for and out of desperation to close the issue they advised me to go to a service center

3. India Service Head - There is an email id posted on Samsung India site which purportedly is of Samsung India service head. Mailed on that address only to receive an automated kind of reply where it starts with a formal apology for the inconvenience which they never even try to understand, followed by a suggestion to submit my tablet at service center for repair. What nonsense...I am asking for S Pen nibs and the suggestion from India service head is to submit my tablet for repair? Why to give email ids when you are not going to care?

4. Called Support - After a long wait someone answered the call. When I explained my requirement, he says he is GENERAL STAFF and mobile EXPERTS are not currently available. And he promised to arrange a call back from one of their EXPERTS. Finally got the call after one week where in the EXPERT struggles to understand the issue as usual and finally checks with a superior and confirms that S Pen nib is not user replaceable, so one has to take the device to service center to get it done. 

5. Called Service Center - They confirmed that they wouldn't stock the S Pen nibs.

Now my question is, why Samsung is including the S Pen? Do they expect that users would never use it or just use it for showing off? If it is used for daily note taking or drawing, the supplied set of 2 nibs would wear out pretty soon. What next? Buy new S Pen? 

Finally ordered few from Aliexpress which I never wanted to do. But I had no choice with the worst post sales support of Samsung in India. I own Note 10+ and Tab S6 for which Samsung charged flagship prices. But support response doesn't match.
16 Comments
NoteFun
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
True. Earlier Samsung used to provide additional tips for S pens but I did not get it with Note 20U. When you receive it from aliexpress, please do share the reviews so that if anyone wants it then he will be able to get it from there in case you posted the positive reviews...
arnavde
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

Samsung has stopped selling S-Pen separately after Note 9.

I lost my S-Pen for my N20U, i had to go to the service center to purchase a new one.

I am sure if this is the case then anyone running out of nibs will have to either order from Aliexpress or buy a new S-Pen.

panglossian
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Pls check my comment below. Tips are as good as the original ones.
0 Likes
panglossian
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Samsung provides free replacement nibs in the US just over a phone call. Here in India, one has to struggle to explain what you are asking for, as the so called experts dont even have an idea.
NoteFun
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I still have the tips for Note 4 & Note 8 S pen with me...No idea why samsung has stopped to give tips in the box and want us to buy new S pen instead..May be for profits..
panglossian
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yes, I used literally every note device except 7. We used to get around 10 nibs with older devices. In N10+ and Tab s6 there were only 2. Now with 20 series completely gone as I understand.
panglossian
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Finally.. Received 5 sets of S pen nibs from China. Each set has 2 white (hard) and 3 grey(soft) nibs. Matches with size/quality of original nibs got with N10+/Tab S6. 20201031_134651_11251.jpg
panglossian
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Leaving the link below. Cost ~Rs.100 per set of 5 tips. Bliss 🤘
0 Likes