Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Any modes or routines
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
No buddy I had set up many routines but that one I didn't
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I have a Galaxy S22+. I found that when the "use volume keys for media" is checked in the volume settings, it ALSO controls the ringtone volume. So if you turn down the volume on a YouTube video you're also turning down the ringer volume. Just uncheck "use volume keys for media" and they're unlinked. The volume keys do adjust media volume when you're using it, but don't affect the ringtone.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Tell me from where to check?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

On my S22+ go to "settings",  then "Sounds and Vibration", then "volume". You'll see 4 volume controls for "Ringtone", "Media", "notifications" and "System."  Underneath that is a separate section titled "Use Volume Keys for media" - when I first checked the toggle was to the right, and blue to the left. Move that to the left and the blue turns to grey.  The one thing to remember is that now, if you don't have any active media (a Bluetooth earpiece, YouTube, Facebook etc) then pressing the volume buttons ONLY works on the ringtone - so you can still accidentally turn it down (I just did that earlier today). Of course, you can also accidentally turn it up. This seems to have worked for me. Good luck!

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Thanks but i don't want that
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I'm puzzled - you say you want to stop your ringtone changing without input from you. It's likely changing because there is input from you because when that box is checked, the ringtone volume is linked to changes you make to media (YouTube etc.). To fix this, you have to  unlink your ringtone volume from media. This does that.

What is it that you actually want?

0 Likes