Original topic:

Notification sound lower the media volume

(Topic created on: 04-28-2020 09:58 PM)
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Whenever we watching YouTube or any music apps, when the notifications comes that sound actually lowered the media volume and that too for Ionger period. That actually spoil the mood of listening music or watching YouTube.

People may suggest to keep the notification sound to mute or keep it in DND. But thats not the solution. I don't know why Samsung not giving any solution for this.
8 Comments
Nitin1324
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
pick a shorter duration notification tone.
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I keep very very low notification sound. but whenever notifications comes it triggers and reduce the media volume. only option is either we keep the phone in silent or in DND. otherwise no use
shishirtanwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I agree. And no workaround is really a solution. Setting no tone, small tone, DND. All useless suggestions.
Did you get a real solution Sivakumar?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
ni need dnd you can turn only notification sound low or to zero
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Samsung must have had a reason for making it sound low. Send feedback from my page of the members app. However you will get a chatbot reply🤪

2nd option is use routines to create a shortcut of not allowing notifications while watching youtube

OR

Download " Dont Pause" app from google store it's free

Don't Pause!, created by developer Trent Pierce, runs in the background and places your ringer in vibrate mode whenever music is playing. The ringer can be put back to its original state when music is stopped, so there is no worry about missing notifications when you stop playback.
0 Likes
shishirtanwar
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
The reason is this: It's called interrupts. Which is a feature copied from iOS a few years back but guess they forgot to keep a toggle switch like it is in iOS.
They keep copying fancy features without an option for users to choose.
While it is a nice to have feature for safety reasons, not all people need it.

Like I never drive listening to music. Or listen to music in a bustling area. So I don't need it at all.

Bad homescreen, Imperfect gestures, control centre, half backed landscape mode, bedtime mode toggle, small clock widget font, etc add to the bad experience.

I wonder why put in all these features if I have to get other apps or XDA solution to access every little toggle or feature? It's just pointless
Galaxy Note
I didn't notice that
0 Likes
ManpreetKkh
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I am also facing this on my Samsung galaxy m31s.
0 Likes