Original topic:

[Note5] After Use Review (Android 7.0 Nougat).

(Topic created on: 03-30-2017 08:45 PM)
Yogie09
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
So after months of long wait & delay Samsung began rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat Update to Galaxy Note5 in India. We all were desperately waiting for the update & some of us lost their cool too. The reason behind the delay was that there were few bugs left in the new OS to which Samsung was struggling to fix it in time & believe me Samsung did pretty well job in my personal opinion.

The new Grace UX is so smooth, fluidic & fast. The new animation is smooth & fast. The Nougat update for Note5 brings some features of the ill-fated Galaxy Note7 to Note5.
The features like Performance Mode, Screen Resolution, Blue Light Filter, New Camera App & some S-Pen oriented features like Translate, Glance & Magnify which debuted with the ill-fated Note7 makes way to Note5 with the Nougat Update. The overall performance of phone after the upgrade is so smooth & fast that You will feel like it's a new phone. The battery performance is also good as of now (will review it after a week or so).
Overall I didn't face any issue at all after upgrading. The overall experience was nice & I hardly face any issue (No Battery Drain, No Heating, No Lag...nothing at all).

I also noticed the Fingerprint Scanner performs faster & is now more reliable than before, after the upgrade.

[Note] : I used Samsung Smart Switch software for upgrading to Nougat.

For smooth experience without having any issue post upgrade, I would recommend you all to follow the above procedure (I personally did the same procedure):

1] First & very important thing to do before any software upgrade is to Back Up all Important data.

2] Factory Reset your phone before upgrading.

3] Connect your phone to PC via USB.

4] Open Smart Switch software on your PC & follow the Upgrade procedure by clicking on Update button.
( Don't operate/ disconnect or use your phone while the update process).
[I would also recommend to remove the SIM Card before upgrading to prevent any interference done by an unexpected call.]

5] After successfully upgrading your phone to latest software, perform a Hard Reset (Factory Reset) again.

6] The last & very important thing to do is that after setting up your device, Update all available App Updates from Google Play Store as well as Samsung Galaxy Apps. ( Always keep all Apps Updated to latest versions)

That's all you're good to go...Enjoy the new OS😊😉

Hope this will help you all for smooth upgradation & to enjoy flawless experience of the New OS, The Android 7.0 Nougat.

Cheers... ☺✌
18 Comments
nitinydv
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
thanks buddy
Yogie09
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
U r most welcome 😊
0 Likes
MaverickSumit
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Hope to get same fluid performance when it gets on S6
0 Likes
rs
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Awesome review bro! Now I'm finally getting confidence in the new OS performance.
0 Likes
Yogie09
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
thnx 4 appreciation...& u r most welcome 😊
Enjoy the New OS ☺
Yogie09
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Update ur phone soon, if u haven't updated yet...I'm pretty sure u'll enjoy it too... ☺
rs
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Bro I've A5 2016... it's a long way to go for getting the new OS 😢
0 Likes
Yogie09
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
ohh..sad...sorry bro 😔
jc
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
good news for note 5 but they removed most of features from s6 so why they taking to much time for update?
0 Likes