Original topic:

Note 9 Micro Scratches on Screen? Samsung India Issues

(Topic created on: 01-05-2019 07:06 PM)
SDL
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I've noticed that the Note 9 Screen is Very Easily prone to scratches. The Gorilla Glass 5 is still the same one that was used on the Note 8. What a shame

I have been extremely careful with my phone and have treated it like a baby but no matter what you do a scratch s bound to happen within the first few days! Of using the phone. What's worse is that Samsung using these Curved Displays makes its Extremely Difficult to find a Good Screen Protector/ Tempered Glass without compromising on the Loss of Touch Sensitivity and a bad experience of the S Pen. I swear Samsung Curved Display is a big disadvantage given their exists no good screen protector for the phone and the only way to actually enjoy the display is to use the screen naked.

Unfortunately it looks like you cannot use the Note 9 Screen naked as it very prone to scratches. The tiny scratch is only visible under direct light and if viewed at a certain angle but I'm still quite disappointed with this since the Note is the most expensive of the Samsung flagship phones and they couldn't even bother by making an official screen protector for it themselves!

Also unlike Samsung US, Samsung India Warranty Service and Mobile Care is pretty bad as they offer no Accidental Damage coverage or no One time Screen Replacements for your Samsung devices in India :(
Meanwhile, Samsung US offers a Samsung Protection+ plan or Premium Care that gives you hassle free Screen Replacement and Accidental Damage coverage!

What's worse in Samsung India is that in the Samsung Stores they sell third party screen protectors that are of PATHETIC quality and also not cheap too 

Has anyone found a solution around this problem?
 Do you'll use your Note 9 with a Screen Protector and compromise on the S Pen usage & Touch Sensitivity?
Or do you'll use the Note 9 Screen naked with just a Strong Case on it?
Have you'll taken Insurance for your Note 9?
0 Likes
SDL
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
does the tempered glass have adhesive all over it or only on the sides? what's the name of the tempered glass you installed?
0 Likes
saranram
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I don't know the name... but it adhesive all areas
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
when i bought the s9 i used it one time just to set my new device i saw there were no scratches so i dint used it for week until i get the screen guard whenever I apply a guard it always pops out when i apply the case so . this happens to three time so i dont used it for two weeks then after i went to market and applied first scratch guard then it worked for me for two weeks i used the phone for two weeks untill one day the ....
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
one day the scratch guards pops out and left the glue marks and guard marks then after two i went to shop and applied new screen guard to my device now it is working fine for me yes the guard marks is permanent but those were no scratches i found even when saw in sunlight if there were ...
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
if there were scratches i could feel them but there were no scratches on my screen . so this my full story
0 Likes
SDL
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
you cannot feel a scratch tho TBH. I have only a tiny scratch that is visible under direct light at a certain angle. Also you can't say for sure unless you properly inspect your phone screen at different angles and under direct flashlight
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
i told you i showed to shop they told me and even if you dont believe me i also went to service center they also told me there are no scratches
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
i had already inspect the phone
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
the guard marks are visble to me but there were scratches i could have been repaired by the Samsung Electronics service center i did doubted that there are scratches but when i showed to shop they told me there were no scratches on the
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
screen
0 Likes