Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 Display Glitching

(Topic created on: 05-13-2020 04:32 PM)
Nazmi
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note

My Galaxy Note 9, its 22 months old, never dropped, no issues till the 7th of may 2020,it worked perfectly fine till such time I unlocked i. the phone started to hang and flicker and then the screen became grainy with a greenish/yellow tint on it and suddenly I couldn’t use the phone at all after all my efforts. weirdly I tried to use it in the dark and it works for a few seconds and then display goes grainy again and cannot be used because I can’t see a thing. I tried to keep the phone inverted and use it and it worked for a few seconds, with much difficulty I managed to do soft reset,cleared the cache partition and did a hard reset too but,nothing seems to work for me. I believe the phone is “kaput” and can’t be used,feel the software update has messed up the display. the phone is out of warranty and the screen will cost as much as a flagship from the Chinese brand I just hoped my note 9 would last till the end of the year so I could get the next note, but I don’t think I’ll be buying another Samsung product again.

15 Comments
Solution
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device:

1. Press the power and volume down key simultaneously for few seconds.

2. We request you to follow the standard charging procedure .i.e. Charge your device battery for 10 minutes.

Note: Charge your device with another Samsung genuine charger

If still issue persists, we would request you to please visit the nearest service center for physical inspection of the device. Post physical inspection service center will be able to confirm the same.

To locate the nearest service center please click on the below mentioned link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,

Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Nazmi
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

sorry. it was clicked by mistake. the solution was not accepted. we are talking about display related issues and they gave solution on how to charge and what not..... 

0 Likes
Alex77
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Try disabling adaptive brightness 

0 Likes
VamsKrishna
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I am also facing the screen becoming greenish / yellow tints issue.. Today only I faced this problem. Without dropping the mobile how my screen will become like that?
0 Likes
Vaitlasuresh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I'm facing the display issue. Phone suddenly displaying some kind of green screen with no display and phone getting overheated. Need to wait for a min to get display back. I observed this issue since 2-3 weeks

0 Likes
NemoSL
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

I had a similar or even worse case getting a green screen just less than 8 months of purchase. Since it was under warranty, Samsumng service centre replaced the display and later even the mainboard as display along did not fix the issue.  It was working fine but less than a year again had the same issue, I cannot affort to replace the display again still using it with greenish display and difficulty in reading.  This is not what we expect from a so-called "flagship" phone. It is the time to say good bye to samsung

0 Likes