Original topic:

Note 9 Battery Drain by Android System Service

(Topic created on: 11-27-2018 03:09 PM)
MightyBeasty
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi

I am using Note 9 for the last two months. After November security update I notice 25% of battery is drained by Android Syatem service. I have wiped the cache partition and did factory reset but nothing helped.

I believe this is due to operating system issue.

Others please confirm whether this is common issue faced by all or Is there any solution now or we have to wait till next Samsung update ?

Thanks.f5aad764-66b6-4c7a-9571-68329a15ffb9.jpg
8 Comments
digesh9870
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
This is very high and unusual usage of Android System. Mine is usually 18-20 percent.
MightyBeasty
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks. Mine also in that limit. I have charged half and that's why it didn't reset... i will charge fully and post it later today .

But whatever the case this was not like this before November Security Patch update...

Android system will be in the last line ..
0 Likes
ALIVEnAWESOME
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Hi guys,
Please support and share this issue if you find it a genuine issue with all samsung users. Your support can make this implemented by samsung developers faster. Samsung admin has also responded now by the support from all of you. More support needed. Please help to make this happen. It is for all of us. Thank you....
https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=405973
MightyBeasty
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thank you..
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thank you for reaching out to the Samsung community! We would like to inform you that battery usage depends upon the application running in the device. The estimated battery usage time may vary depending on your device settings and operating conditions.
Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you. For Further assistance, you can get in touch with us via Live Chat option by following- http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/IN. You can also connect us via Samsung Members web community by following mentioned url-https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN#/

0 Likes
MightyBeasty
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hello Samsung ,

Thanks for your response.

That's a wonderful response battery drain depends on how much we are using and how are using.

Please read the main thread here and the provided screenshot. Why does Android System consumes high process and drains battery post Nov update ?
It consumes 25% battery overnight when the mobile is in idle mode with bluetooth, wifi , mobile data, sync all are switched off.

Hope this explains the theory behind the battery drain even at idle mode..

Thanks again..
0 Likes
MightyBeasty
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Also I too have chatted with the Samsung tech person, he is really not understanding what I am saying and he is responding with generic answers...

I have also attached the latest battery usage for today please find only Android System drinks the battery and power....

. Thanksbcb8531b-1f61-4bde-a792-f54f3afe181c.jpg
0 Likes
MightyBeasty
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi Samsung Admin,

In addition to the above mentioned issues, yesterday night I have set my Note 9 to Max Power Saving Mode with 18% battery @1130 PM and during Morning at 6 AM I has observed my mobile is switched off..

This shows there is serious issue in your Nov 2018 software update. If you are not going to address this issue you are going to lose massive customer base.

I am sure all our beloved Note9 users will admit to this ..

Thanks..
0 Likes