Original topic:

Note 10 plus water damaged

(Topic created on: 12-22-2021 11:24 AM)
ashuakp
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,
Recently my 2 years old note 10+ fell in a bucket of water and somehow even rated IP68, it got damaged by water and upon opening the camera app it's saying "warning: camera failed". Samsung service center advised me to change yhe motherboard by paying 24k INR. Is it valid for samsung to ask me to pay for a IP68 rated phone water damage ? 
P.S. - The phone was in a bucket of fresh water for about 1minute.
17 Comments
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Did you switch it off when you took it out of water? Did you leave it to dry properly before switching it ON?

IP68 can withstand water for 30 minutes and Samsung shouldn't charge you anything. The problem however is that the device is out of warranty, so now if the display/motherboard/camera anything stops working for no reason, you will have to pay.
ashuakp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I switched it off and handed over to samsung care. And the camera didn't stop working for no reason, water got logged inside.
0 Likes
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yes, I understand bro. But after 1 year the warranty ends on all parts and features, including IP68 rating. I am not saying it works only for 1 year, it should work much longer but in case it doesn't work after 1 year we can't claim anything.
Also, Is suggest you visit another service center and see what they are saying. 24k is too much to pay for using the camera again.
0 Likes
Prince2190
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Samsung is wrong comiting on water resistance cell phone
Job bhi apne yesa hota he to vo service vale k pass answer ready hi hota he
0 Likes
ashuakp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Exactly. They start explaining about IP68 and all that as if we don't already know !!
0 Likes
MDKaif230
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Ip68 lifetime nai rahta hai.. As time goes on, uska glue/sealing degrade hone lagta hai. Jis wajah se water enter kar sakta hai..
I don't advise you to pay that much presently for note10+ repair.
Go to local market and ask them to open it and clean it with sprit, if it doesn't work, then buy a new phone
ashuakp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Bro life time nhi rehta hai thk hai, but samsung khud software updates v atleast 3 saal deta hai. And 2 years me if IP68 nhi rehta phone to, there's no point in paying that much for the premium features, right ?
MDKaif230
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
That is how market works.. Don't repair your note10+ by paying 24k, instead try to get it repaired at local market or buy a new phone
0 Likes
ashuakp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yeah, will try at local market or buy a new phone. Did destiny just cleared out my path to buy the s22 ultra ?😅😂
0 Likes