Original topic:

Note 10 Lite Camera

(Topic created on: 09-23-2020 12:13 PM)
Ani221
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Does anyone know how to fix the noise in the front camera while indoors as the camera isn't clear?

9 Comments
Sridhar1997
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I think samsung itself don't know that
Galaxy Note
See, such things can be resolved via software updates only..and photography in indoor lighting is not that great..
Galaxy Note
Front camera is pixel binned 32 MP shooter.
Only option is to shoot in very strong artificial light.
And you need to keep distance between lens and subject. If you are close to camera, pic will be blurred.
Neriolli
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

But the A71's frontal camera has the same 32 MP sensor ans still produce much better photos, even in low-light settings. And i suppose that's what Ani221 was talking about: it's not like they don't understand how to shoot, it's clearly something wrong with the N10L camera itself.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Bro A71 front camera does not shoot better pics in low light. Whoever told you this, tell him to talk to me. I am using A71 and I can bet 32MP pixel binned camera does not shoot good pic in low artificial light whether in A51 or A71 or Note 10 lite.
When you will zoom you will see noise.
0 Likes
Neriolli
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

It's not just about the low light.

Well, i had an A71 for some months and now i own a Note 10 Lite, and i can tell you that even in good lighting conditions the N10 Lite takes bad selfies, there are more details under the light, ofc., but the post-processing is awful, just awful, it just draws some textures and patterns over my  face making my skin look ugly and unhealthy, it cannot even handle the light correctly, lots of strong and unnecessary highlights all over the frame (no, i wipe my cameras, and yes, the beauty mode is always OFF). And, for sure, A71's frontal camera takes better low-light pictures.

This  selfie-camera can only perform on par with some cheap-as-dirt phones like, i dunno, some models for $150, maybe?

These 32 MP Quad Bayer sensors are the standard for frontal cameras atm, and how Samsung managed to create a hopeless camera like this one — is beyond my imagination.

Complains started to appear on the net from the very release  (in reviews, on XDA, here and on many local forums), but Samsung did nothing to improve this stuff, alas. And that's so sad.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Bro I just see 2-3 members on xda saying note 10 lite selfies are worst than A71 and you are one of them.

Anyway if I were you, I will visit service center and reflash firmware to fix all the issues with the camera.

Why dont you share some samples to prove your point?
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Clear camera lens with microfiber cloth or a cleaning wipe. Gently remove the fingerprint, dirt and dust from the camera lens.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Neriolli
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Dear moderator, just send our feedback to the team please. I hope they can re-adjust their priorities and do something about the issue with the quality of frontal camera. Wiping the glass won't help here.

0 Likes