Original topic:

My Note 9 Got a Green Tint in Low Brightness

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 10:17 AM)
Rzwan1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

My Note 9, just went past it's 1 year warranty, and developed a green tint in low brightness (Under about 35%) mostly noticable in grey areas. The display was fine until suddenly this morning when I turned the phone on it was green tinted. I use the phone mostly indoors so I need to use the phone in low brightnesses.

A quick Google search told me this is a common issue in Samsung high end phones. I have never updated my phone since I bought it, and I haven't recently installed anything new either. I have tried: deleting cache partition, soft reset, safe mode, factory reset. None of it worked.

IMG_20201105_091041.jpg

Screenshot_20201106-101611_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20201106-101615_Settings.jpg

13 Comments
FearLesS007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
can u show in video ?? or photo ??
0 Likes
Rzwan1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I updated the post with a picture. The tint is not very noticable in the picture as it is to the naked eye, and I had to increase the brightness to take the pic. This tint is worse at lower brightness levels tha I normally use indoors.

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Display brightness level:- Kindly set the device display brightness in auto mode (If available).
Steps to adjust brightness in auto mode: Swipe down on the home screen to open notification panel>Turn on Auto brightness. 

2. Reset the device:- Settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app along with screenshots, short videos and error log file(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Rzwan1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

There are 3 reset options there: Reset Settings, Reset Network Settings, Factory Data Reset. Which one should I do?

But I have already done a full Factory reset from the Volume Up + Bixby +Power Button menu and that did not fix it.

And if I did get the display replaced what are the chanced it will happen again to the new display. 

0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I also face green screen issue in my s10e. mine started appearing after the last patch update, dated 01Oct. I am not getting the right attention from Samsung support and am currently waiting for the next patch.

Needless to say very disappointed, especially by the support team who does not want to listen!
0 Likes
Rzwan1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I am worried this might be a hardware issue. 

0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
oh I see...

1. can u please share your one ui home version ? you can check it from about phone - just wanted to confirm no updates.

2. did the phone fall or any physical damage - otherwise a hardware issue does not normally happen.

I hope you will get your resolution soon.
0 Likes
Rzwan1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I have never even bumped the phone on enything, let alone drop it. 

I am not even using One UI since I never updated the phone since I bought it which was before One UI. It worked fine for 1 year.

I have updated post with software information

0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
from whatever you shared, I do agree that it is not an expected behavior and should not happen for a top notch product like S9.

May be an expert from technical team will be able to assess the situation by looking at the logs immediately.
not sure whether updating the firmware to the latest will save the situation, though it may be recommended as a first reaction by someone.

will come back to you if I come across anything worthwhile. Sorry, I couldn't help much here
0 Likes