Original topic:

Moisture detected and cable charging

(Topic created on: 01-22-2019 12:19 AM)
Shubhang02
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi All,

I am using note8 for a year now. There are certain problem that i am facing for that i didn't get a proper explanation from the forums neither from service centre guy. So maybe you all can help me here.

1) Message stating moisture detected always keep on coming even my phone is in normal environmental condition.So i went to service centre, they told me your usb port is damaged that is triggering your sensors
@admin so can you confirm this ? Is this the real issue or they are misleading me ?

2) unfortunately i broke my charging cable so i have to purchase one from samsung store.
From new cable it always show cable charging instead of FAST CHARGING however charging speed is same 
@admin/everyone : Do anyone why this is happening is it some sort of usb glitch ?
0 Likes
7 Comments
satoshi
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Use the silica crystals packets that comes with shoes and bags ,switch off your phone dip your phone into them
otherwise you can use rice for that purpose
Boot the device if the problem persists you have to change the USB slot along with the whole PCB
0 Likes
Shubhang02
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thanks satoshi i've tried all this even with dryer, best way i got is to reboot the device while it is popping.
so you are saying it is not software/sensor glitch rather it is usb slot issue thats what i have to confirm and due to this very issue it is showing cable charging ? can you confirm that too ? service guy doesn't have answer for that he says for any diffrent cable rather than orignal it will show cable charging😓
0 Likes
satoshi
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I am using a stuffcool cable along with the orignal Samsung fast charging adaptor and it still shows fast charging so i guess changing the cable dosen't matter 👍
0 Likes
satoshi
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Well it can be a software glitch too 🤔
have you ever witnessed anything weird other than the normal charging status cause if there was moisture present it can cause short circuit while charging
And if its charging properly even after few days of receiving the alert then it might be a software glitch
0 Likes
Shubhang02
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Bro from the forums and google thread i concluded that it is generic issue for s8 and note8 which is nothing to do with usb port. However in my case i guess something is wrong with my port bcoz of that it shows cable charging instead of fast charging.
0 Likes
Shubhang02
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
@satoshi can you once confirm with your stuffcool cable by doing interactive checks for your usb. Mine it is showing check required3bd3af4a-4fb7-402c-8f58-b99f44b621c1.jpg
0 Likes
kalkibhardwj
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
great
0 Likes