Original topic:

In-Warranty coverage

(Topic created on: 11-30-2020 07:13 PM)
magnet0
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi,

I spoke with Customer support twice and couldn't get a decent answer to my query,

1. In-Warranty coverage

2. Care+ Comprehensive 2 Yrs Device Protection Plan

I wanted to know what is covered in (1) & (2), However the most shocking part is what the customer support told me RoLOL,  They claim in-warranty covers only 

a. Charger not working, repair

b. Data cable not working

c. phone hang (software issues)

What is not covered in In-Warranty repairs but covered in Care+ Plans

d. motherboard issues,

e. heating, mechanical and electrical issues

f. any kind of issues with the phone device

I have spent a huge sum (Rs 1L+) for the device and also purchased Rs 8K worth of Care+ plan and now I am worried if I have been cheated by Samsung as to what is covered under In-Warranty and Care+ plan. There seems to me some miss-information being passed on to customers. 

Regards,

Yogesh

0 Likes
7 Comments
magnet0
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/warranty/

This link does say warranty does cover handset, however on multiple occasions and my interaction with customer support, what they share and what is listed online defers.

Customer support clearly told me that device issues are not covered under in-warranty.

0 Likes
Solution
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
1. In warranty coverage:

a. Accessories warranty for 6 months (charger and earphone)
b. Device warranty (motherboard, charging dock, software, battery, display)
c. Accidental damage like screen crack is NOT covered.

2. Care+ comprehensive:

a. Depends on the plan you buy. Will be mentioned.
0 Likes
magnet0
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

Thanks for the clarification, appreciate your reply.

0 Likes
Solution
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
My pleasure. 🙂
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy Note
Bro. Chill Chill... Your phone one year warranty covers each and every issues including hardware and software issues for one year. Also your accessories will cover 6 month.

So what is Care+ ?
Simple. For your Screen. For your Accidental damages and for your water damages 🙃🙃 So chill..
0 Likes
magnet0
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks and I have the same opinion on device warranty however why are all care+ plans require purchase within 30 days of device activation? user need to buy care+ protection within 30days or else do know what.

also what I learnt (and please confirm if right)
1. in warranty covers only defects in hardware and software, but not (accidental damages). for example
a. Screen damage
b. cable wire damage or broken
c. charger damage
etc, are they covered in-warranty?

2. care+ plan covers accidental damages in hardware and software BUT NOT DEFECTS. Are defects covered in extended warranty?
0 Likes
magnet0
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks and I have the same opinion on device warranty however why are all care+ plans require purchase within 30 days of device activation? user need to buy care+ protection within 30days or else do know what.

also what I learnt (and please confirm if right)
1. in warranty covers only defects in hardware and software, but not (accidental damages). for example
a. Screen damage
b. cable wire damage or broken
c. charger damage
etc, are they covered in-warranty?

2. care+ plan covers accidental damages in hardware and software BUT NOT DEFECTS. Are defects covered in extended warranty?
0 Likes