Original topic:

Green screen

(Topic created on: 10-28-2020 06:58 AM)
Darek_1123
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

My galaxy Note 9 has started giving a green screen out of no where since two weeks. Its very surprising how the screen turned green with horizontal lines while I was using the phone.

No drop, nothing bump the phone was in my hand and was showing the normal screen and suddenly the the screen turned green.  I have tried restarting the phone and the after a  restart the screen becomes normal but after some time again becomes green. Least to say - Disappointing !!!

I noticed that many users have the same problem and Samsung doesn't see it. I thought about buying a new Note 20 model, but if Samsung does not solve the problem with the green screen, I will never buy a Samsung phone again, despite the fact that I have been a Samsung user for many years and my family as well. But this is my last Samsung because probably no one is so stupid and will not pay a lot of money for a phone that will not last even two years !!!!

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
most of all note 9 display destroyed ...
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
No wonder Samsung the culprit is silent on Note 9 issues 🤔
0 Likes
YRSS
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Same issue is seen in my note 9 too since a month and I had written this issue to Samsung team . Demanding for free Screen replacement. Requesting you too to do same
0 Likes
Akshatays
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
This issue is also for S9 phone. this is ridiculous.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve "display" issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1. Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.
2. Reset the device: settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
DeryaDemirci
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

You can forget that I will reset my phone for a bad update! Having to reset all stuff, put passwords and apps back in, backup all pictures and files.... I am really disappointed.

0 Likes
prashanthreddy76
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
same issue and I'm a doctor cant water time also being a loyal customer to Samsung from note 1 to note 9,what flagship mobiles are these if without physical damage screen is throwing greenish tints
0 Likes
Acoustic_Hive
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Please try my simple fix. 

I made a simple video tutorial. 

https://youtu.be/LBPET5BFl54

0 Likes
Dyotte
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Nothing to do, it will be the same