Original topic:

Galaxy Note 9 | OneUI 2.1 | Missing Features

(Topic created on: 06-19-2020 03:05 PM)
vjman
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi All,

It has been a couple of days since the update rolled out to Indian variants of the Galaxy Note 9. Overall, performance has improved quite a bit (compared to the March version). Stutters have reduced a lot, haptics have improved and, most importantly, at least 6 apps stay in memory for a longer period of time (it used to be 2 or 3 before). For those experiencing stutters and lags, I would suggest trying to wipe the cache partition before looking into the option of formatting. 

With respect to battery, I urge you all to explore the option of Deep Sleeping apps. For the first time in a while, I got close to 4 hours of SOT over 30 hours with max resolution (my phone is 1.5+ years old), Bluetooth always on and connected to my Galaxy Watch and WiFi always on. I also live in an area with very inconsistent network signal.

However, I did find a few features missing in this update.

• No dark mode on Galaxy Store (I don't want to use HEX installer).
  • No auto-grouping feature in the Gallery even though smart crop is available and working fine. 
  • No night hyperlapse and super-steady modes in the camera (Samsung didn't commit to these anyway).
  • No smart selfie mode as well (again, no commitment from Samsung).
  • Messages - I don't understand the point of having an "All" section when I am anyway putting conversations under different groups. It doesn't make sense to me. And, no RCS in Samsung Messages.

I'll add to these if I come across others. Please let me and everyone else know your take on the update.
12 Comments
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Auto grouping feature is there in gallery. Check 3rd option to the left of 3 dots when you open gallery.
vk09
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Auto grouping feature is there
0 Likes
vjman
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I am sorry, but, I don't see that. Please find attached the screenshot.
0 Likes
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
See this. Did you update via mobile or Smart Switch? Please clear cache and rest app preferences. Restart and it should be there!
0 Likes
vjman
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks! Let me try and check. I updated with the OTA.
0 Likes
Lauki
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
These are additional missing features, but I don't regret of not receiving them-
- Switching lenses, when recording
- 30s shutter speed
- Live captions
0 Likes
vjman
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
True! Agreed.
0 Likes
RajaSrinivas
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Does Bixby routines added?
0 Likes
vjman
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
No, but, you can sideload the APK. Personally, I've disabled all Bixby-related packages.
0 Likes