Original topic:

Galaxy Note 4 Hangs and Restarts

(Topic created on: 01-07-2017 09:12 PM)
Pawan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi, Since last few days I am facing problems in my galaxy note 4. whenever I open any application, my phone freezes or hangs for few seconds then it starts working fine, sometimes it is stuck for few seconds and restarts automatically. it also rastrats when I disconnect ongoing call ( it happened only for few times not every time). Many time it shows "downloading do not turn off target" while restarting automatically or manually. see the attached image. sometimes when my screen is locked automatically or manually, i can not unlock it, it is dark on the screen and there is nothing on the screen; home button and power button also do not work, the only option left is to remove the battery and insert it again to make my phone workable. I have done factory reset and updated latest android OS but still having same problem. could you please help in this? :(c2ebf463-0d57-48eb-93b9-fb7bc3fd06cf.jpg
0 Likes
7 Comments
admin39
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Thank you for Joining Samsung community.
It appears that there may be a third party app or other program that may be leading to what you are experiencing. Placing your device in safe mode, disables all third party apps upon start-up, to help determine if the use of a third party app is interfering with your device. Let me recommend some steps to alleviate what you may be experiencing.
I would recommend backing up your device using our Smart Switch application or using your device in Media Transfer Protocol to back up all important files and Factory Reset of your device after backing up all files and important contact. You will then only restore contacts and account information to your device only. DO NOT RESTORE: Pictures, Music, Apps or Other Data files.If what you are experiencing no longer occurs, this may be due to an outdated application that is no longer compatible with your device, a corrupt files, or program file.
0 Likes
Pawan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I did factory reset around 10 days before and after resetting I did not restore any picture, music and other data. I only restored contacts and account information. and I downloaded few applications after reset such as kaspersky internet security, paytm, idea, airtel, book my show, whatsapp etc.
To know if I am having problems with third party application, today I tried safe mode, in starting it was superfast but as I opened whatsapp, it was stuck/freezed for few seconds then it was working fine. after half hour I connected my phone to the charger, during the same time I got a call so I disconnected my phone from charger and answered the call, hardly I listened the call for 5 seconds again it restrated during the call. I am having same problem. please help me fix this issue. If you think that doing factory reset again will solve the problem, please let me know, I'll do it again.
0 Likes
sailu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have note 4 my problem is when my phone 's battery 40 or 50 %charge but my phone suddenly switch off Pl solved my problem
0 Likes
indrojit
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
try to put your phone on safe mode for some time.... if still the problems were there then you should get to the nearest Samsung survice centre.....
0 Likes
amit
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
how to put my phone on safe mode
0 Likes
Narinder_Kaur
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
hold volume down button during start up.
0 Likes
Narinder_Kaur
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
i also had a note 4 having same problem and it just stopped working one month after this problem started.
0 Likes