Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10+ battery draining issue

(Topic created on: 12-06-2021 01:34 PM)
Rahinhq
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
So my galaxy note has been draining battery quite fast. Some says its because of the android 11 update but im not quite sure if my battery got damaged. Ive run tests here and it shows good. But Im not quite confident. I need an answer and solution (if there is any) for this problem. Thanks.
5 Comments
Lifehacker
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I'll share my experience. I have Note 10+ and it has been over 2 years now. I also was facing a lot of battery drain. I was getting maximum 3-4 hours of screen on time. I went to service center and got the phone updated with the latest firmware which wiped all the data. It has definitely helped. I see around 1-2 hours of extra screen on time now.
Rahinhq
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
So a factory reset might help?
0 Likes
Lifehacker
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Not just factory reset. Updating firmware seems to be different than just factory reset. I'm not sure if only factory reset will work because I haven't tried. But firmware update from service center worked for me. They don't charge any money for it also.
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
If your phone has completed 2 years and if you have always used fast charging then it's time to get the battery replaced. Also avoid fast charging when you don’t need. Fast charging depletes battery health faster than normal charging.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.
Battery optimization helps you to boost the battery performance of your device. To check battery optimization:

Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care > Optimize > Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

Kindly turn off the smart features of the device and other connectivity features when not in use, which will eventually help you to reduce battery power consumption (smart features such as Motion gestures in advance feature and Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Hotspot, etc.).

Please follow the below steps:
1. Swipe down on the home screen to open the notification panel.
2. Tap on Bluetooth, Location/GPS, Wi-Fi, Mobile hotspot, NFC, etc. to turn off.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes