Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Find my mobile-lock,unlock,erase data,etc

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 09:27 PM)
demedge
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I assumed that i had lost my samsung note 10+ mobile and logged into the samsung account through website and placed request(samsung login) to find my mobile location and along with various lock options but now i have found my mobile as i had put it in refrigerator freezer as it was getting very hot though i had turned off all the wireless options like wifi, mobile data and bluetooth and forgot it was inside. After 8 hrs my wife found it. now i want to undo the process. i spoke to customer care executive named Salman and he is not able to even help me to undo the activity of lock phone process which was initiated by myself plus he is not able to even do a screen share process through website apart from the only process which he is mentioning of smart tutor(works only on samsung device which i misplaced).

i have started the mobile and disabled both wifi and mobile data fearing the unlock process will get triggered.

Any solution to undo the initiated lock process?

Thanks for reading this post.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy Note
Download smart switch app in laptop and take backup of your phone. Then turn on wifi get and phone erased then through smart switch get all the data back

View solution in context

7 Comments
Solution
Galaxy Note
Download smart switch app in laptop and take backup of your phone. Then turn on wifi get and phone erased then through smart switch get all the data back
demedge
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note

does this backup & restore process mirror all the data as earlier as this process is very new for me?

is it something like apple itunes backup and restore process which i have done for a apple iphone and it was seamless.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
It will backup everything, even wallpaper, call logs and messages. Also you dont have any other option. It should be downloaded in your phone also
demedge
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note

Thanks.....

Will the backup work without wifi or mobile data enabled?

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
It will, also update here when Everything is done. You might get some popup to stop erasing device when you turn on wife. But not sure about that.
demedge
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note

Thanks rishikesh for the helpful replies.

Actually the samsung CC execs are a bunch of idiots as they failed to confirm(twice) the locking of device on connecting to wifi/mobile internet and then simultaneous unlock wherein the credentials either through pin/fingerprint/swipe actually works to unlock the phone(luckily i didnt enable the option of data erase).

Then the next task of smart switch backup kept failing repeatedly almost 11-12 times. i had to delete some newly installed apps in windows 11(buggy os unlike MacOS) laptop to make it work along with several uninstall and reinstalling of smart switch both on laptop and mobile several times to work successfully(MacOs itunes backup for iphone is seamless). it took almost 3-4 hrs for 240 gb backup.

Finally my mobile is unlocked and working perfectly.

Thanks for your valuable inputs. 

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I understand sometimes its bad to use smart switch but I am glad your data is safe.