Original topic:

File system limit

(Topic created on: 07-22-2019 02:53 PM)
Master257
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi,

I have got this notification before 1 month and i did factory rest my phone and now i am getting it again, any solutions?

"File System Limit: too many files have been created on yiur phone. Apps may stop working correctly and your phone may no longer start up. Back up any important data and reset your phone".

Cascharlie13
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Your the bomb. It work .  When I cleared enough it went away.

Thank you!

0 Likes
allbrite0605
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Thank You!! Worked for me too.  Appreciate the help!!

Optimist1
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Thank you! This worked for me as well. Thank you for sharing.

0 Likes
DaveO88888
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Thanks for this easy way to fix this issue. It was a messenger app for me that was causing this problem.

0 Likes
Sawynil
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

hi I had the same problem and this worked for me.  Go to settings, then apps , then  sorted by size.  Force stop the initial apps which are creating data backside. And now u will see no message.

dhaller77
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have run into this on a couple of different devices. The issue is generally related to a bad app update causing the app to create false files.   Open settings, then go to Apps, now  sort Apps by size

This will tell you which applications are taking up the most space.

Clear the cache to delete the extra files and check for an update.  If there is no update available uninstall the application restart your device and then reinstall the application.  This clears out the buggy software.

If the application does it again, delete the app and try to re download in a couple of days, since the application developer will want to get they bug fixed as quickly as possible.

MirkoBl
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have the same problem sind 2 months - done a total reset, cleaned both cashe and cache partition - it helps for a while, and then after a couple of days, the message appears again.

I've called the Smasung support hotline in Germany, but they did not know the problem, and were proposing to get the phone to test it physically. But I don't believe it's a hardware issue. 

Are there any other suggestions? Are there tools to find out wich app consumes the many file nodes?

0 Likes
Kjb0070_0
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have this same problem, did a factory reset last week and the error has returned. 

Any solutions as I have plenty of memory and storage space on the phone? 

0 Likes
dziemann
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have this problem on my brand new and almost empty A40. I cannot find any app that admits to having created many files. I have no idea what to do.

Did you find a solution? 
Or has anyone worked out what app is doing this?

Many thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
Rmoran805
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Thanks for this. I kept looking up different ways to go about but this was clearly the best way. Thanks hope this one helps all

0 Likes