Original topic:

Dual WhatsApp Media getting deleted Automatically.

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 12:02 PM)
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I'm using 2 WhatsApp account on my Note 9. It was working perfectly fine until the last update messed up WhatsApp.
ALL THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE 2ND WHATSAPP ACCOUNT. THE 1ST ONE WORKS FINE.
From gallery the picture and video folders got deleted automatically. From internal storage WhatsApp folder from dual messenger folder got deleted.
Clearing the cache and data didn't work neither uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked.
Did factory reset.
Even after that the problem is still there.
Once I install WhatsApp I can see the folders in internal storage and dual messenger folder.
But once I receive any photos or videos the media appears briefly in the gallary app then gets deleted automatically and with that the folders from the internal storage and dual messenger also gets deleted and the media cannot be located anywhere in the internal storage.
I've contacted WhatsApp and they replied that they provide limited support for dual messenger and the simple solution is delete the second account.
I did search Google and got some links where people facing the same issue but unfortunately there is no solution available at this time.
Anyone facing this kind of issue?
Any solution available.
Thanks.
14 Comments
Galaxy Note
This is happening bcz of new changes made by Whatsapp i believe, one solution i have found working is

take backup of 2nd whatsapp (drive backup) and install Whatsapp business and restore the backup.

This is the only solution i found working as per my knowledge. You can give it a try.. maybe with time dual whatsapp starts working again normally.
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Thanks.
MDKaif230
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I had faced the same issue.. Now I am using WhatsApp business instead of dual WhatsApp
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Thanks.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

h123456789
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Update received in s21 ultra security August problem solved 2 whatsapp please whatsapp backup
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Okay thanks for the info.
0 Likes
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Do I need to reinstall WhatsApp after the update???
0 Likes
h123456789
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
No only take backup of image and videos. you have again download images and videos than shows in gallery
0 Likes