Original topic:

Continue with Note9 or Upgrade to Note10 ??? Confused..

(Topic created on: 09-17-2019 04:41 PM)
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi Members.. I am using Note9 from 24th Aug.'18 onwards and I have Fun of Clicking photos Regularly (Not Selfies, Very rare), So using Maximum Rear Camera, Using Dex functionality more or less on regular basis, Using SPen for Power Point presentations, Listening Music, Watching Movies on Netflix, Airtel X Streme, Hotstar etc. But Now a days the Rear Camera Stuks while Live Focus 3-4 out of 10 times and images are Blurry in same way, though I observed the same when it was in warranty, but I haven't changed the Camera Module, Since One of my Family Member & my Friend Changed the same but after 2-3 Months the same issue appears again and in fact my Friend just replaced it again just before Completing the Warranty by having a very hot discussion with Service Centre Executives. But Since then also he is not Satisfied hence upgraded to Note10... So, my query is also same whether to upgrade or Not ??.. And if I'll upgrade then only to Note10, Since it is of more or less same size and fits comfortably in my Side pockets of Trouser & to some extent in upper pocket of shirt..So I'll never go with Note10+.. I am highlighting + & -  on basis of my Requirements..

++++
1. Better Camera Setup for Better Photography.
2. Less Bezels, Display more Vibrant
3. Dex functionality improvements by adding certain in built Apps.
4. More RAM & ROM Size.
_ _ _ _ _
1. No 3.5 Mm Earphone jack, Hence to Carry it's original type c Adaptor Earphone, no use of other Available branded 3.5 Earphone, and if Using Bluetooth Compatible headphone then everytime the Charging required along with Note10..
2. No Micro SD Card slot, So when I need Backup during factory Reset, Everytime either I have to use an external device or data usage for Online backup..
3. Less Powerful Battery 3500 MAH Compare to Note 9
4. Issues with Finger Print Scanner After Screen Protection, Since I uses Additional Protection for my Screen by putting Screen Guard..This issue reported by my Friend, hence advised by Service Centre Executive to remove the protector..
5. No 5G Compatibility as Standard Option in Note10..

I am totally Confused  ?? Should I continue with Note9 or Upgrade to Note10... 
13 Comments
Rishabhm
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
same here.was a note 9 user and now switched to 10+ u will love it. u will feel the difference in display,look and feel so much premium cameras are awesome just go for it.
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thnx. your choice is great but Note10+ is not of my Choice , Reason might seems ugly to you but Since it's Size is bigger, and uncomfortable while removing & Wearing Shoes with either Side pocket of Trouser or Upper Pocket of Shirt..I am ABM & work with Medical Representatives and we have to wear & remove shoes almost 8-10 times in a day..And I have checked it by placing in my pocket..So my Comparison is between Note9 & Note10 only...
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Upgrading to Note 10 will only give you better camera and new S Pen features. So if your usage is minimal, then you can upgrade from Note 9. But the battery can affect the continuous usage. However, with Super Fast Charging, it'll juice up quickly.
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
some of SPen features may come to Note9 in future upgrade, which are not dependent on Hardware upgradation, So SPen is not my choice for upgradation...
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Anyday...no..stick with your note 9..what's the point..your getting more features in your note 9..and you only have pointed out 5 cons and only 4 pros..if your going for the note 10+, then definitely you will find some difference..note 10 has only fhd+ resolution..so ignore your second point I.e vibrant display..there is no headphone Jack(and I personally prefer headphone jack), no heart rate sensor, and all Samsung phones has some issues with the live focus..after august update my S10+ live focus is of no use..and note 10 users are already facing so many problems..there is no pathbreaking difference between note 9 and note 10..even there is no major improvement in the camera department.If this would have been your first flagship, then the situation would have been different, but that's not the case here, you have note 9 which itself is an exceptional device..
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thnx.. I was Fan of Microsoft Windows Phones, used Lumia 950 but unfortunately Microsoft withdrawn their Phones and no Support after that onwards, So I upgraded to Note8 in 2017 but then Note9 came with Better AR Emoji & Super Slow motion Videos & I had upgraded to Note9, but later these features also added to Note8 also to some extent.. And after upgrading I found that Note8 had more curves & seems less side bezels compare to note9...So, this time I am more choosey... Thnx anyway for your suggestion...
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thnx...For your Opinion..
0 Likes
phoenix_zfold3
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
u can continue with note 9 anyday but the cons are not that great with note 10...
1.u can buy an usb c to 3.5 mm adapter or get galaxy buds(half price for promo)...charging wont be a prblm bcoz of power share option..
2.256 gb is pretty big storage..and u shld have a backup in external harddrive bcoz evn micro sd can fail or ur phone can be lost or stolen😶
3.yup,but wayyy faster charging wid 25 watt..
4.leu from unbox therapy in utube already did a vdeo on that and showed how to make it faster by adding multiple registrations of same finger..it works like a charm..
5.srsly dude..5g is overrated..its still avlbl in only handful of locations in select cities..so dont stress over it..most of the time u r gonna be stuck with 4g...

but these r cmpltly my opinions..😀 at d end of d day..its ur wallet..ur choice...cheers..
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Dear..Cons Very from Person to Person.. Going Point by Point..
1.Buying third party Connectors are not alway worthwhile and works properly..And again if you uses buds, they need charging again and again what so ever time it takes..And also sharing power needs device to be charge again after some time.. This is same issue like what we faced when we used Nokia N72, Nokia 6233 but both have different Adaptor pins for Ear phones and they don't worked with each other..So Handsets come out with common 3.5MM audio jack, here also you will find two types on 3.5MM jacks with different cross connections. And further we are always with harmful rays when using Handsets, so why to increase the rays level more surrounding us by using Bluetooth Compatible Ear Phones..
2. The way you described.. Even External hard drive may corrupt or crash..MicroSd is easiest way to take Backup & then Recovery by moving to internal storage and then Format it..
3.Fast Charging doesn't not mean that every where you will get plug or just keep on charging for small-2 intervals..
4. Samsung using 1st Generation In-Display Finger print Scanner & not the 2nd Generation, hence with Screen protector many a times it don't recognizes and I have seen it, since my friend using Note10..
5. And when we are Seeing Most of Premium Smartphones from different-2 Companies are coming with Future ready 5G, why not to expect from Note10 costing 70K..Certain Operators will come out with 5G by Mid of 2020..
And Friend it's not a question of wallet any more..If one can purchase Note8 then Note9 can also go for Note10..Yes, it depends on choice and what you are getting is worthwhile or not as per the requirements...Thnx anyway for your opinion...
0 Likes