Camera/flashlight problem on Note10 with Android 11 / OneUI 3.0

(Topic created on: 02-16-2021 07:19 PM)
Emmanuel4
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi,

I have this problem on my Note 10 (bought new on november 2020) : 

Camera app won't start, it only displays a black screen and then crashes after a few seconds. Gallery works but I can't take any new photo or video.

Can't say of this is a coincidence, but the issue started 3 days ago, the same day I tried the flash-light app (for the first time since I have this smartphone).

Now I can't use the flashlight app either , it displays an error message "the flashlight is used by another app".

Here is what I tried so far : 

- restart app

- reboot phone

- update all samsung apps

- reset camera settings

- reset all app settings

- reboot phone in safe mode

- wipe out phone cache memory (took me a while to figure out that the charger must be plugged in to do that)

Unfortunately, all of this changed nothing to the issue.

I should also add that I updated to Android 11/One UI 3.0 a few weeks ago. Everything seems to work fine except for this camera/flashlight problem.

Is there anything else I can try before resetting to factory settings ?

Thanks for your help.

Emmanuel.

8 Comments
Galaxy Note
Try to perform a factory reset on your phone. If still the problem persists, visit service center.
Galaxy Note
do factory reset or flash last software from service center
Emmanuel4
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Thanks,

Sorry for the newbye question, but how does one access service center, and what do you mean by "last software" ? My phone says the system software is up-to-date.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
bro .. last software means that latest software which you have installed already.... it can only be flash via Odin or via Samsung service center as they use Odin only for official purposes.....not only that ..software install in Samsung device is recommended as firmware flash or install via smart switch to avoid software loop holes formation
Galaxy Note
There are 2 options you have for now.
First the best one Visiting Service Center,
2nd. If you have a PC or Laptop, wait till Feb 2021 security patch is available and then Update your phone with Smart Switch on pc.

Emmanuel4
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Sorry guys I don't get it. Why use smart switch from PC instead of a standard update directly from the phone ?

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Smart switch re-install your whole software. and that helps to cover up any loopholes a lot of times thats why.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes