Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bootloader-Unlocked

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
K-Galaxy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
So i bought a new old phone, Samsung Galaxy Note10+ and the bootloader is unlocked.
I want to find out if it is dangerous having it unlocked? And if so, how do i lock it again?
5 Comments
Tendai777
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Flashing a new software
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
It's not as serious as it's marketed to be. Having it unlocked just means that the previous owner installed a different OS to the one the phone had so if it's not on the original OS you can manually reinstall the original firmware and it would be 'locked' again.
0 Likes
NotAdmin
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
But is it like, prone to STDs?1714212534109_1714212534100_0.png
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
🤣🤣🤣 It can still catch them as long as it's unlocked, that's why they recommend not unlocking it. Keep it locked 😂
A-Galaxy
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yes, it can be dangerous to have an unlocked bootloader. I think there could be tutorials on the Web for this specific Note 10+ that show you how to re-lock the bootloader. Like some people say, flashing a new software will automatically lock the bootloader, I think it depends on your phone, but still be sure that the original firmware is installed before locking the bootloader.

Make sure that the official software is installed on the phone and not an unofficial one before locking the bootloader because locking the bootloader while an unofficial software (like a custom ROM) is installed will/may brick the phone or something else may happen.
0 Likes