Original topic:

Bixby, Google Now voice wakeups not working

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 06:54 PM)
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I have Note10 and my dad has Note10 lite. On my phone both bixby and google now wake up even when screen is off but it's not the same case with the Note10 lite and even the A50s. 

I have checked all settings which helps phone wakeup even when locked but still no luck. 

Can someone confirm if it's happening on their devices or not?
0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy Note
I am not sure how you can access bixby and google assistant with screen off. Its clearly mentioned it will work only when screen is on.
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Maybe you haven't checked your assistant settings thoroughly.
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
So now it's clear that samsung doesn't allow voice wakeups for their non flagship devices because as you can see above, those screenshots are from my Note10 and the after your comment I checked Note10 lite and A50s and they both don't support lockscreen wakeups.
This is so weird. Samsung shouldn't have done this.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
It seems you have older version of assistant. Its changed in latest versions.
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I have the latest version of both the assistants. As i told above, these features are blocked by Samsung most probably.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Bro where you shared screenshot of Bixby from note 10? You just shared google assistant screenshot that too I think old version of google assistant.
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Bro you seem to miss a lot of things on your screen 😂
Anyways i have attached a screenshot pointing where I shared bixby screenshot from my Note10

And on what basis are you saying that my google assistant screenshot is of older version?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Earlier, google assistant used to have voice unlock also. It was removed in latest version.
I don't use voice wakeup so I don't really care for it.
Its really unsecured way of activating your device.
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I'm on latest beta release so maybe that's why I have the option.
It's insecure only if you tick the option to show personal results on lockscreen. If that's off then you'll have to unlock your device first to do private stuff.
This feature is very useful when you're driving and you have to call someone.
0 Likes