Original topic:

App Lock

(Topic created on: 10-20-2020 11:33 PM)
KARN01
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Why Samsung is not providing a proper Applock in-built feature in there phones..
This is a mandatory feature to secure our data from any other person..
10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
coz everyone dont need it
its extra stuff
and it consume extra battery and space
0 Likes
JinuJacob
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Even though a system applock is not included they provide a native solution for this. There's an app called Samsung s secure. Download the app to lock and mask your apps.
http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.sprotect
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
s secure is not compatible for s and note series by the way🤣🤣
0 Likes
JinuJacob
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
okay. that was a good information btw. I'm an m series user. not that familiar with s lineup
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
From your postn I can see that you use a Galaxy Note series device, which means your device has Secure folder. Why don't you take advantage of that? Also please note that the reply given by my dear friend @JinuJacob, will not work in your case because S Secure doesn't work in S and Note series devices.
KARN01
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
i know. i have secure folder option.. but i don't like that feature.. that's kind of irritating feature.. in secure folder i have to open the folder first to use the application.. that is irritating..
that's why,, Samsung can make it easier to access the app with security from applock kind of feature
kaslokesh
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
purpose of secure folder and purpose of app lock is quiet different..
app lock can lock your apps and for secure folder to work you need to transfer apps and files to secure folder and everytime you want to access those files you need to unlock secure folder and then open the app. thats tedious.

secure folder is advantageous for storing very important and secret files only.
but with app lock you can lock any app and just unlock by fingerprint ir password quickly
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
try m 51
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Simple Samsung is not interested in providing the same. They have already provided a secure folder as a better tool. If you want to lock apps try Google play store. 😜
0 Likes