Original topic:

stop asking for working gcam mod for exynos based smartphones

(Topic created on: 10-04-2019 10:11 PM)
ash5230
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M
As we already know that many Samsung users having exynos based smartphones are complaining about the camera quality being worst compared to what they paid for. Icing on the cake is that there is no scope for developers to create a gcam mod for exynos based smartphones.
 Forget a series and m series phones they cannot create a gcam mod even for s10 + the so called flagship phones by Samsung.
Reason is simple they don't provide camera 2 api support for any of their exynos based phones.
So stop complaining about camera quality as their is no scope for improvement without camera 2 api support in exynos.
Even 12mp camera performs leaps and bounds in pixel phones bcoz they implemented this api judiciously. Don't know whether the brains behind Samsung have any idea about this camera 2 api, which will really cost them dearly. May be they are following the footsteps of Nokia. 
11 Comments
ash5230
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Nokia refused to produce dual Sim phones and did not used Android as the os for their phones see where they are. Samsung is still not employing basic api's to improve their cameras they will face the same fate.
SamsungJ8user
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Galaxy J8 have Snapdragon 450..
Does it will support Gcam?
0 Likes
sidbhokare
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Most new Samsung phones support Camera 2 API . including A,M and S series.
0 Likes
ash5230
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
No I talked to a Samsung executive yesterday and he told me that your phone does not support camera 2 api. It's official source.
0 Likes
ash5230
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Update : galaxy s9, note 9, s8 has gcam mod for exynos but the mod is 5.1 version of gcam. Google has released gcam 7.1 version recently. This gives us an idea how Samsung phones are a bad deal for developers.
impatel
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
correct.. I will buy pixel if I need gcam
0 Likes
Kingfluf
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
i used to have an s8 exynos and it did support camera2api fully so gcam was working great, but on my m30s it's locked on limited "on purpose" if they wished they can enable it bc it's not a hardware limitation i think they just want to keep it for their flagship and again s8 s9 s10 all supports camera2api lvl3 and gcam
0 Likes
anjiAR
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
hey man how to enable it
0 Likes
allaboutmind
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Camera2api is a softwere besed program....we cam enable it without rooting our phone...so if any one need gcam then first enable camera2api by there own...then downlode gcam 7m2...Btw I'm a user of samsung galexy m21..& it's stock camera works..very well...I'm impressed...It's focus is so good...

0 Likes