Original topic:

adaptive brightness is fluctuating in constant light condition !

(Topic created on: 10-23-2020 01:53 AM)
Gaurav_hfn
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M
The adaptive brightness is going up and down in same light condition. It is a software bug or it is a hardware issue? Every Samsung m51 user facing this problem !! Please provide us a resolution on this in next software update, it will help us a lot.
It's very irritating to keep adaptive brightness is on and auto brightness enable. 

Currently I disable adaptive brightness and auto brightness.
Please convey this to your developer team, they will provider us a solution ( m51 users).
Thanks
10 Comments
Gitskill99
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
👍 I also have that issue..
Gaurav_hfn
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Yeah there's definitely a software bug
0 Likes
nafdoon
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
we are also facing same issues
Gaurav_hfn
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
every galaxy m51 user facing this
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. To resolve adaptive brightness issue kindly follow the below step given below:-

1. Adjust brightness on auto mode:- Go to Settings > Display > Tap on Auto brightness > Toggle switch to Enable Auto brightness.

2. Reset the device:- Settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Gaurav_hfn
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
I cannot do reset my device. I have too much data on my phone and so many ID's & passwords. it's very annoying issue. kindly fix this via software update,
otherwise it means every Samsung 51 member have to reset the mobile.

on the current hand its like impossible, only option left is software update.
kindly noted this. and I also raised a complaint in error report in Samsung member app.
thanks
oilstrategist
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I bought the ultra note 20 for two reasons, A. highest resolution camera B. highest NITS screen

BUT  no matter if I have it on manual brightness or adaptive brightness ONLY when I shine a flashlight into the front camera THEN the screen gets extra bright - everyone try this on your camera and be amused!!

your Samsung phone is always on auto adaptive, no matter what the setting! its a decoy

Samsung is afraid of battery usage! ? what the ... 

when I am shooting professionally for clients outside I WANT the screen to be in SUPER MAX brightness and DONT CARE about battery, I have a zerolemon 10000 miliamp battery case

only when the sun is hitting the front facing camera directly will my phone screen get bright enough to see is in daylight

BUT the sun is sometimes hitting my phone from the side or back and I am wearing a black shirt, then the screen is still too DIM

Samsung stop baby sitting the users, I bought your flagship camera so I have 1.5TB of storage onboard, why are the forced .jpg files from super wide and tele cameras so flat and 3mb each?! no details in the faces

I want all 3 cameras to produce DNG, I DONT CARE about file size, give me a 500mb DNG RAW file from the 108mpixel camera, give it to me

thats what the pros want!

dont babysit me

0 Likes
Kayzii
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
i am using a newly bought galaxy f42, very similar to the m51 and m52.
SAME ISSUE
0 Likes
MythicalQuester
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Same problem here with new A52s

Seems to be caused by the in-screen sensor. When you have some more white in your screen the sensor thinks there is more ambient light and will increase brightness. 

Very anoying. I'm realy hating all the inscreen sensors and constantly disappearing navigation and status bars.

Also the softly increasing alarm sound is gone.

So missing my good old S7.

Phones are getting worse instead of better. FY samsung.