Original topic:

Where & how to enable ring around the punch hole front camera?

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 07:21 PM)
Himanshu_
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy M
Guys, i am using M52 which ahve a punch hole front camera display . I saw some of guys phone having a colorful ring around the punch hole. Called "Energy ring". I search on YouTube they told to install 3rd party app for using it.  Did anyone know how to use it without using 3rd party app?
15 Comments
Mehedi4744
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I looked for this, too. But it seems like you can't get it without third party application.
RanitKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
There's no official option for that..
You'll HAVE to use 3rd party apps...

I too used to use Energy Ring in my A51 and used it 3-4months but when I came to know that it can cause screen burn in issue I stopped using that...
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Yeah ... That can occur on long run
RanitKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Yeah..I used it for around 3-4months..luckily didn't get that issue..😅
Himanshu_
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Yes , thats why i asked if Samsung it self add it in one ui then it would be good. 3rd pary app not trustable. 🙂
0 Likes
RanitKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
That's not because it's a 3rd party app... even if Samsung had that option it too could cause screen burn in issue...

If you force some pixels of a certain area to remain on all the time their lifespan will get reduced causing screen/pixel burn..that's why AODs always change their position everytime you tap to on AOD...but for ring light pixels will be fixed an a certain spot..

And Samsung don't want their consumers suffer from this..
Himanshu_
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Ohh. Good info. Thanks 😊
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M
Are you seeing the white ring on lock screen when the face lock scans your face?
RanitKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Yeah, that's part of the face recognition animation..😅