Original topic:

Update via SMART SWITCH

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 12:25 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy M
Hey members,

I have been seeing various comments regarding update your device via SMART SWITCH, 
Why it is required, why we can't just download it manually through settings via Mobile data.

And if i use my computer and i don't have a WIFI connection so i gotta have to use mobile data so will it give me same results??

Please tell me as I'm thinking that whenever the new update commes for GALAXY M30 i will be doing it with SMART SWITCH!!

And one more thing Why is differences in the size of the update on SMART SWITCH as compared to the update we see on the settings page.
24 Comments
Solution
AjaiX2015
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Smart Switch installs the complete operating system while in the mobile device only the required update is installed.
I myself has never used the smart switch to install updates and have never encountered a problem. But I use a fast and stable WiFi network to update my device.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Lucky th'o you have a Wifi
but would it be any difference in updating through SMART SWITCH or manually through settings??
0 Likes
Solution
Vishnu15
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Bro the main thing you should update with smart switch is that it uodates whole of the system software even for a security patch update. Thus it is free of any software holes. Mobile data or wifi both are inconsistent. So u may get holes in the software while downloading, which leads to bugs. Thus ur phone crashes, heats up, lags and many things tend to happen
Solution
AjaiX2015
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
well
what he asking is how does the smart switch downloads the file without errors if it is downloading a larger file using the same network connection.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
@AjaiX2015 yup that's what i meant have you tried the SMART SWITCH way??
Vishnu15
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
i have tried using smart switch
0 Likes
AjaiX2015
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Nope I haven't tried yet. But is planning to do it for the android 11 or one UI 2.1 update.
0 Likes
Solution
Vishnu15
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Small security patch updates are okay to be downloaded using a fast and stable connection
But it is recommended to download a major update such as OS updates only via smart switch..
Please don't use mobile data to update anything... its purely inconsistent
0 Likes
Vishnu15
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
If u feel my answer suits ur question... please do accept my answer as solution by clicking 3 dots... to give me due credit
Thankyou bro
0 Likes