Original topic:

USB FILE TRANSFER ISSUE

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 11:44 PM)
jaymin29
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
I am using Samsung M30s. After last update 17th July, 2020 my device is not display in Computer (Win 10). I can show all usb related option when i connect my device to PC but by default USB file transfer is enabled even i cant display my device.
Please help.
6 Comments
Galaxy M
Try selecting any other option and then Select file transfer again. And check if your pc makes a sound.

If still its not getting connected after "Connect" sound your PC needs ur phone drivers.

You can check your phone with another pc too, to make sure there is some problem in PC or phone or Data Cable.
0 Likes
AjaiX2015
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Try turning on USB debugging in developer options and connect again.
ONCE YOU TRANSFERRED FILES PLEASE TURN OFF THIS OPTION. OTHERWISE IT WILL CAUSE MAJOR SECURITY ISSUES ESPECIALLY IF THE DEVICE GET STOLEN.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Did you tried changing cable🤔🤔
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Can you use otg on mobile?
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow below given steps in order to resolve your issue:-

1. Try different OTG with your device.

2. Reset the device:- How to reset: Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset settings: Reset all settings to their default.
NOTE:- Before resetting, kindly create data backup of your device via SMART switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
parvezsamani
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I am facing the same issue as well. After the update, some time in July/August, my M20 stopped showing up on my laptop.

I have already tried it connecting with:

(1) The original cable which came with the phone,

(2) A new cable I bought because I thought the original cable went bad, and

(3) An original cable from a different phone.

None of them works on the M20 anymore. And all of the 3 cables works with other phones.

This looks like a software bug which the update has introduced. Asking to reset/wipeout the phone to factory setting is a hassle and not everyone has the time to take backup and set up everythign again.

When will this be fixed by Samsung?