Original topic:

The one UI 4.1 update **bleep**!!

(Topic created on: 05-18-2022 05:09 PM)
Soham_69
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
After updating my phone(samsung galaxy m21 2021 edition, Exynos 9611 chipset) to Android 12 (one UI 4.1) my battery Just drained up upto 10% in just 2-5 mins.please do something about this glitch and repair it in the next update.Samsung's this behaviour is motivating to buy a Motorola phone.And I please recommend everyone to buy a Snapdragon phone,do not buy a Exynos or mediatek phone.🙏
6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Did you hard reset your phone after m21 update?
0 Likes
Soham_69
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
No I simply reset it....i don't hard reset it.
How can I do that?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
If you've factory reset it then it should prove helpful. Otherwise, I suggest you give your battery some more time and keep a watch on how it performs. If all this doesn't helps then you need to wait for the next update.

If you've found this information helpful then please accept it as a solution.
DheerajN
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
It's the same with mine, seems to be an issue with One U.I 4.1, Samsung is forgetting the fact that Android 12s matching colour theme is optimised for the efficiency cores and AI optimising cores on Tensor and Snapdragon chips, i don't think 9611 supports something similar (correct me if I'm wrong) the battery drain is really frustrating along with occasional irresponsive screen. Samsung should do something about it or atleast provide an option to downgrade to previous version
Soham_69
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Always go for Snapdragon processor phone and try to keep less bloatware in phone.I think Motorola is a good option.Redmi is also good but MIUI launcher is a third class launcher with excess bloatware.same case with realme,Vivo, oppo etc.
DheerajN
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Absolutely, my other phone is a Moto G 40 Fusion and it's smooth as butter, although it's running Android 11, I'm going to wait and see if it has similar battery issues in case of an update.
This M21 used to be good before the update too, but now it's totally messed up and is heating up a lot. I still prefer One UI 3.1 over Moto's stock UI, but One UI 4.1 just **bleep**

Edit: I didn't know they censor comments, but I guess we're on the same page and word 😂