Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy M51 One Ui Core 4.1 Update Review

(Topic created on: 05-27-2022 10:03 PM)
itz_sak_11
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
So, it has been more than a week using M51 with One Ui Core 4.1 + Android 12.
The look, feel, and stability of the Ui is good; Though I have encountered some minor bugs in it like in the notification panel and quick toggles are laggy if we use the material u theme (in the default theme it is smooth), the charging animation just appears for 2 seconds, etc.

The performance of the device after the update is decent (more or less the same as the previous version); animations are smooth and sometimes jitter happens if a heavy task is performed.
*I haven't installed any games on this device so I can't give the performance review on that concern.

The camera quality after the update is slightly changed. Images look punchy, sharpness is decent. The overall stability of the camera is slightly improved.

The color science of the display is changed. The content on the screen seems to appear more vibrant and punchy than before.

The battery backup of this device is slightly degraded as compared to the previous version. As per my usage, I got the screen on time between 12 - 13.5 hours.The charging speed is same as previous version i.e 115 minutes.

The device's thermals are also controlled than previous version.

The adaptive brightness is not working properly.

All the network and connectivity options are working fine.

All the One Ui Core 4.1 and Android 12 exclusive features work fine.

The sound and vibration output are just the same as the previous version.

At last, I would say that the update is smooth and safe. 
It also installs 7 bloatware.
I would recommend that one should perform Wipe Cache Partition/Factory Reset on the device after it receives the major OS upgrade. 
(I had done Factory Reset on my device)

As M51 is scheduled for the quarterly update, so the device will receive the June 2022 security patch level update in June/July.
I hope Samsung won't degrade the performance of the device in this update.
13 Comments
Edwin7878
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Good review 👍 👏 👌
And it's true ,minor jitters in ui when heavy tasks are performed.
For me battery backup is improved in normal use it's really improved a lot ..

But on gaming it drains a lot than before ( alternate gaming mode on) this could be a reason for it ..
Also the gaming performance is improved a lot than before .
I played codm and apex legends ..
I will Recommend use alternate gaming mode while gaming for better performance ..but battery will drain

On battery protect mode turned on I got even better sot on normal use and when this mode is on the phone charges even slower than normal charging 15w ..
But battery is good in that mode ..

About camera in some situations there is focusing issue for me..

Rest is same as u said

I factory reseted the device ..
For better experience factory reset the device after update..
Nanikutty
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Thanks for user review
Sheershah
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
It's it stable like 11 or a bit buggy
itz_sak_11
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
It is stable/bug free but till when i don't know because Samsung always degrade the performance in future updates.
0 Likes
Sheershah
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I don't think this series will because Samsung do that mostly on their flagship device , i hope samsung wouldn't do in this segment 🥺🤌
Sheershah
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I'm going to install my android 12 update now 🌚
itz_sak_11
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
I would recommend that u should do Factory reset after update.
0 Likes
impratheeban
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Anyone noticed adaptive Brightness blinking issues. And in the notification panel media output option not working.

Guys please confirm
Shobhit11
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Yes