My M30s keeps restarting randomly. This first started 2 days ago. Device care does not show any red flags, but the restarts happen without any specific indication.
I have tried a lot of different things to try to stop these restarts. Only pending solutions - do a factory reset (or) let the battery die completely. I cant let the battery die during the work week, so I will try the factory reset first.
If anyone else is seeing the same problem and has resolved this, please reply with your solution!
Sorry for the longish post, but am posting what I have seen over the past 2 days.
Just before the restarts started happening, the speaker volume dropped in the middle of a Youtube video I was watching and the sound was raspy (some static along with the sound). I was worried water had splashed into the speaker, so I put the phone in rice immediately as a precaution after turning off the phone and cleaning the speaker holes with a toothbrush. After a couple of hours, when I restarted the phone, the sound was normal. But from the next morning onward, the restarts started.
1. Restarts are random. Sometimes it will happen when the phone is in use (1 or 2 apps open etc.) and sometimes it will be just sitting on my desk. Sometimes the phone will be connected to wifi and sometimes it will be connected to mobile data.
2. Sometimes it gets stuck on the first boot screen (Samsung M30s & powered by Android) & i have to do a force restart (power plus volume down).
2. Battery health seems fine. My phone has not gone below 20% battery at all since Saturday.
3. Memory usage seems to be less than 50%. Usage right now is 2.5GB out of 6GB only.
4. There is about 50 GB of free space left in the phone's drive.
I have tried a number of potential solutions (that I read online) -
a. Turning off "Change system settings" in any apps that had it on including the Samsung apps.
b. Turned off all Automation options
c. Booted into Recovery and wiped the cache partition multiple times
d. Since I read somewhere that random restarts on the M30s could be related to Wifi, I turned off Wifi for almost an entire day and connected to mobile data only. The phone did not restart then, but this morning, it has restarted multiple times even when it has been connected to mobile data.
Only pending solutions - do a factory reset (or) let the battery die completely. I cant let the battery die during the work week, so I will try the factory reset first.
This is the software information for my phone -
* Last software update installed on 22 June 2021
* Build Number: M307FXXU4CUF1
* Android 11
* One UI Core version 3.1
* Kernel version 4.14.113-21183555
* Android security patch level 1st June, 2021
* Google Play system updated on 1st June, 2021
Visit Service Centre. Book a Job Sheet. Send a mail to Service head along with the Jobsheet Number.