Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Remove button www in samsung keyboard

(Topic created on: 08-30-2021 11:42 PM)
vimaldogra
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Anyone knows that how to remove www. and .com button in samsung keyboard shows while typing in internet browser url bar ?
Locacabana
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M

Same.  It makes the space bar too small and I am placing a .  between all of my words.  What a PITA.  Makes no sense to have such inconsistencies when it come to "memorizing " to type accurately and swiftly.  Samsung please fix this ridiculous issue.  It's quicker to type the .www and .com than it is for me to continually fix the punctuation errors!

kcfan015
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M

Right? Samsung, will you please address this issue? I can't stand this function. I have wasted so much time correcting searches where I have typed all "." instead of spaces.

Badmy004
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

Thank you so much for raising this topic. It is absolutely nonsense to have the .com and to shorten the keyboard,  especially when most   press the keyboard with their right thumb, thus accidentally pressing the dot! Samsung thank you for trying to make our lives easier, but please include the option to keep the same keyboard! 

Samsung_67xdq65
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I am also suffering from this problem

detroix
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy M

remove the stupid. com or www button. affecting typing ergonomics and it's 2021.. we do Google search w keywords most of the time and when we want to hit space we hit the period button instead... only Samsung has ancient design principles or they don't type in English.

vimaldogra
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Yes you are right i don't know why they can't remove this 😏😏
Galaxy M

I came here hoping to find a way to remove the .com key without changing keyboards. I've tried using others including Gboard and Swiftkey but I don't like any of them - I've used samsung phones for years and I'm used to the keyboard layout, except I STILL hit the @#$!ing period key 75% of the time when I'm typing fast. 
Samsung PLEASE just add an option to remove the .com button.  Or start making phones with slideout keyboards again, I would much rather have a real keyboard than ip68 waterproof rating - I don't take my phone in the shower but I do type

Yokee
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy M

I bet Samsung H&R who in charge in samsung keyboard is the son of Samsung chairman who never do a research and test market about Samsung Keyboard. NOBODY likes the .com/.www button beside of spacebar! Yet they do nothing about it, smh.

0 Likes
Angrychair
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Yup came here in search of a solution to this antiquated feature that is only an annoyance.

0 Likes
Ryan1981
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I.too.suffer.from.this."feature". Can we. please have the.option to.turn it on/off?

Thanks.com