Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

M31 Media Storage Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 02-28-2021 05:34 PM)
VladBr
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

Since the last update, I've been having battery drain issues.

'Media storage app' consumes 30%-60% of total battery drain daily, I'm not sure what it's used for. I can't close it or clear its data/cache since it is a system app (or whatever you call it)

I went as far as resetting my phone to factory settings and it still doesn't help.

My phone went from being a great device that can last 2 days of active usage to an average phone that I need to recharge daily.

I hope there is a way to fix it and I hope the next update will address this problem

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy M
do you use sd card? a bad sd card could be the issue, if not wait for others' reply or contact service center

View solution in context

9 Comments
Solution
Galaxy M
do you use sd card? a bad sd card could be the issue, if not wait for others' reply or contact service center
VladBr
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Thank you! Looks like it was the issue with an old SD card I have been using! There wasn't any battery drain from 'Media storage app' since I've taken out my SD card.

It's funny how all the solutions suggested by Samsung Support was useless but yours was right on point :)

0 Likes
Galaxy M
please mark my comment as solution as it'll help people who'll find this when googling. Yeah I've had bad sd card in my past actually
VladBr
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

marked it, thanks again!

0 Likes
Eyalbara
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I have a galaxy S21 Ultra, so no SD card, but still facing this issue.

0 Likes
Galaxy M
That's weird, you should wipe cache of storage related apps, how old is your phone
0 Likes
AbhishekPuri
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
go to device care than battery section and click on background uses limit than turn on & put unused aaps to sleep and come back one step and click more battery settings and turn on adaptive battery.
than come back device care interface and click on 3dot than click on automation and turn on adaptive power saving.
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
RichieKaran
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I am using fold 2 and facing rhe same issue.. kindly help
0 Likes