Original topic:

M31 Hands On Review

(Topic created on: 02-25-2020 08:15 PM)
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy M

Hello Members, Samsung launched the Galaxy M31 today in India Luckily, I was invited to this Mega Monster launch event and got hands on this monster. So, here's my review. (It's my honest review as a user).

M31 UnboxingM31 Unboxing
M31 Unboxing
In-box ContentsIn-box Contents
In-box Content of M31

Key Specs:

• 6.4" Super AMOLED display 1080x2400 resolution with Infinity U notch

• Exynos 9611 10nm processor with Mali G72 MP3 GPU

• 6GB RAM

• 64GB/128GB Internal Memory with expandable memory upto 512GB

• 6000 mAh Battery

Camera Front: 32MP F/2.4

Camera Rear: 64MP Main, 8MP Ultra Wide , 5MP Macro , 5MP Depth

• Android 10 with One UI Core 2.0

DISPLAY

M31 has 6.4" FHD+ Super AMOLED Display with Infinity-U notch. The looks totally superb and bright even in daylight(You all are aware of Super AMOLED). 

20200219_151347.jpg
M31
20200219_151551.jpg

HARDWARE

The M31 is powered by Exynos 9611, a 10nm processor. At first, I doubted the perfomance of this processor but after got my hands on the device, I found it really shocking, the phone was so smooth and didn't lag a single bit. All the time I had with this phone I didn't feel any lag or hang and all the task I performed executed in no time. However, I didn't test it with Games like PUBG or some heavy tasks but the UI was really smooth.

CAMERA

M31 has a quad camera setup at the rear and a 32MP selfie camera on front. The main camera is of 64MP and the photos captured with this are of great quality. I'm totally impressed with the photo quality and features they provided are great. For the first time, Samsung provided many camera modes like Macro mode, Slow motion, super slow motion, Hyperlapse, Food, Night Mode, Slowfies(Slow motion selfies), Super Steady mode, AR Emoji, 4k video recording & last but not least Bixby vision and all this in the price range of ₹15000.

Camera Modes on M31Camera Modes on M31
Camera Modes on M31

I captured some pics with the M31 and I find it really impressive. The quality of the pics are so great, the colors of the object feels so realistic.

Wide Angle ShotWide Angle Shot
Ultra Wide Shot
Macro ShotMacro Shot
Portrait Mode
Portrait ModePortrait Mode
Portrait Mode

Wide Angle ShotWide Angle Shot
Ultra Wide Shot
Macro ShotMacro Shot
Macro Shot

BATTERY

The Mega Monster which Samsung name this device is really a Mega Monster when it comes to its battery. The M31 runs on 6000mAh massive battery which can keep this phone runs for atleast 1-2 day. To be honest, I didn't even notice the battery level during the time I had with this phone because of its massive battery size.

SOFTWARE
Now here comes the most awaited part for M series users. M31 comes with Android 10 with Samsung's own custom user interface One UI Core 2.0. That's right, M31 also have so called Core version of One UI. At first, I was expecting the One UI but now we've to live with the fact that M series will only get Core versions. And not just this M31 doesn't have Knox Security too. So you can't have Secure folder, Samsung pay and other services.

M31 running Android 10M31 running Android 10One UI Core 2.0 on M31One UI Core 2.0 on M31

The phone comes preloaded with some apps which we've already seen on other Samsung phones and they can be uninstalled so that's not an issue. I didn't check the compatibility of some Samsung's apps like Goodlock and other because of less time with the device and unavailability of Internet. But I can guess that it won't support Goodlock(lemme know if it supports).

MY VERDICT

After using the Galaxy M31, I can say that this phone is really a Mega Monster when it comes to its Display, Camera, Battery & Performance. Although I'm disappointed by the One UI Core & unavailability of Knox on M31 but the other features are really impressive which overcomes the above mentioned features. I've learnt to live without Knox on my M20 and to be honest, it doesn't bother me now. As far as I know, Galaxy M31 is the only current smartphone in the Market which gives Mega Features at this price range.

If you're looking for an upgrade from your old smartphone(J series, M sereis and old A series phones) then you can surely go with M31.

The M31 sale will start from 5th March 2020, 12 noon on Amazon India and Samsung website.

The Pricing of M31 are given as follows:

6GB/64GB: ₹14999

6GB/128GB: ₹15999

The phone comes in 2 different colours that is Ocean Blue & Space Black.

So thats all from Galaxy M31, I hope you guys like this Mega Monster. What are your views on this new Galaxy M31? Lemme know in the comments.

2 Comments
Bhavish248
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy M
I reallywished if this phone had Knox Security
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
same here. I really loved this phone when I used it but the missing of Knox really makes me disappointed 😔
0 Likes