Original topic:

M30s restart issue (Testing different settings to fix the issue)

(Topic created on: 11-28-2019 09:29 AM)
AkhileshTekade
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M
Hi there 👋🏻

As you know, many M30s users have been facing the Automatic Restart issue on their phones.

Let me be clear here, the Auto Optimization and Auto Restart settings in Device Care app doesn't have any effect in my case. My phone restarts even when these settings are OFF. My phone only restarts at night around 2am-4am and only if it is kept idle. I have been testing different settings and scenarios to fix this issue. 

Some users have posted that toggling the Change System Settings permission for some apps has worked for them. Some say changing Galaxy Widget's permission, some say a different app. But these didn't work for me.

Yesterday, I turned OFF the "Change System Settings" for Samsung's "Storage Booster". My phone didn't restart yesterday night. But, strangely, my Power Mode setting was turned OFF as well. I have no clue how it turned OFF automatically because no one else uses my phone. It was set to "Medium Power Saving".

So, either the Storage Booster or the Power Mode settings is the culprit in my case. I'll have to test further.

I'll keep posting my findings in the comments section below 👇🏼
15 Comments
Ak0707
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
turn on power mode setting again. keep posting. good luck
Galaxy M
Yes, I've turned it on
0 Likes
Galaxy M
My phone didn't restart since 2 days ✌️😃
0 Likes
Galaxy M
It restarted on 30th November.

But I had disabled Facebook and Netflix apps.

Now I've enabled them again.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Didn't restart since 4 days. I'm guessing the restart happened due to me disabling Facebook and Netflix apps.

Now that I've enabled them again, the phone isn't restarting.

Will check a few more days and post the result.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
So far, nothing has worked for me
0 Likes
Galaxy M
I received a reply to my error report a few days ago. Here's the screenshot.

They'll probably fix this restarting issue soon.
0 Likes
hp98
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
this is a bug in device care the only solution is to lock an app in memory ,

https://youtu.be/IQ6vKYORvA8
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Interesting. Did it work for anyone?
0 Likes