Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

M30s issues?

(Topic created on: 01-20-2021 08:07 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy M
So, been seeing users complaints on M30s. I purchased my M30s on Jan 19, 2020... So, I want to share my experience after 8 months. Before this I'm a S9 user. 
I'm not a photograph person nor a heavy gamer.. 

1. Camera...
     Seriously. I never liked 48mp camera of my device. Yes its true.. I don't feel any difference between normal mode and 48mp mode in day to day life except the 5sec gap of image processing...
So, I use only for documents sometimes. 

2. Software..
     I never missed oneui and knox apps because of the battery backup I used to get.. But I'm missing Spay and Spass now.. 🤣 🤣 

3. Processor 
    As, I said I'm a general user and I play only Wcc3 for min 4hrs per day so, I can't blame exynos or has any heating issues. No complaints...

4. Restart 
     In 8 months I never got restart issues, boot loops or any.. But once when I updated July security with smartswitch pc I got bootloop and this is smartswitch pc issue.

5. Hotspot
     After oneui 2 users faced hotspot issues with laptops but I didn't faced this.. From some forums I came to know that every brand devices got this issues after updating to android 10 because of change in WiFi certification and not Samsung issue... So, for this update for network drivers is solution and if you don't get any wait for it.

6. Battery backup 
     Seriously man.. I regret upgrading to oneui 2.. I Feel optimization is not good as pie or its a Samsung issue which ruins device performance with one major upgrade.. 
I bought M30s only for battery... Yes, I left S9 and bought M30s only for battery and never regretted it when I was on pie.. 
My usage is like min 10hrs SoT per day with 4hrs normal gaming, insta, YT, streaming etc... And i used to get min 12-14hrs SoT with just 60%.. I used to charge 20-80%. Yes believe it.. But now, 100% gives only 12-14hrs SoT. 60% gives 8-10hrs..

7. Bugs with updates 
     With June security update received on July 1st we got drm issues. So, though l1 certification is there apps are not able to access it. 

8. Charging 
     It takes 2hrs 20-30min in fast charge and 2hrs 40min in cable charge.. Considering 5830mah rated battery its okay for me.. 

9. Network issues 
    I think its a gimmick or any.. As users complaining about coverage issues.. With July security update received on july 13th we are now seeing 3-4 bars no matter how network strength and speed is.. So, from checks I came to know that band 40 is not preffered.. 🤔🤔 But why, here in hyderabad band 40 gives the fastest speeds with airtel though coverage looks bad with 1-2 bars. Samsung fans boys comes here and say no issues, but hear me out I don't have issues before update i used to get min 12mbps and max 63mbps with airtel and 6mbps and 28mbps with jio...
I tested same sims with S9, S10, J7 prime, on nxt and vivo v15 Pro.. None of the device has issues except M30s. I went to service centre for reflashing software thinking its a glitch but still same.. And their answer is also same.. " its a update issue will be fixed in next update".. " also if you want we can downgrade to march security if you wish to".. I was like lets see we may get new update then why to downgrade and asked them to install latest version...
This was a month ago.. Issues started 2 months ago.. Still update not released... 😑😑

10. Hangsung 🤔🤔🤔
      Last week suddenly for 2 days I faced lag, hang and ghost touches while typing and it got fixed now.. 

11. Connectivity 
      BT, WiFi issues.. Reception is not good I think.. When all devices and others enjoying 50mbps broadband speed me, with M30s stuck at 20mbps and this got serious from 20days.. Now 2-5 mbps.. Tried everything.. And BT keeps disconnected sometimes when using headsets or buds.. Even resetting doesn't help.. Last time when this happened reflashing firmware solved.. I think have to do it again. 

23 Comments
Solution
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Thanks for the insights and keep it coming 👌
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
🙂🙂
0 Likes
Solution
bt63
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
0 Likes
Nick777
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

Please do not buy this phone, causing hang and restart issue in some month only, then no used of battery and monster things if you need to change the motherboard of 9K.

0 Likes