Original topic:

Is there a way to check if your Samsung smartphone is Refurbished or FactoryNew?

(Topic created on: 01-23-2021 04:06 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy M
Is there any special code or test I can perform ?
Looking codes for M11
23 Comments
AbhishekPuri
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
can u say clearly what you want?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
how do I know if my Samsung phone is refurbished or brand new?
is there a way to know?
0 Likes
Raz_
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
https://youtu.be/e4vkAoxM4ZU check out this video
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
mine shows IMEI sv 01 not 00 what does that mean?
0 Likes
Raz_
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
have you ever factory reset your phone?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
No. I bought this phone from official Samsung store, I was just checking to see if this is refurbished or factory new
0 Likes
Raz_
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
so, the sv 01 means this device was factory reset, henceforth the chances of it being a refurbished device are high. Have you received the phone completely shut down as well as having to set up on your own?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
the store did the setup for me, I was there when they were doing it. The phone had 30% battery remaining when I got it. are you also using M11 , what does your IMEI sv show?
I looked at the comments of the video( the one you told me to look at) , there are equal number of disagreed comments as well. I don't think this is a well proof method.
Most other videos talk about IMEI number, my IMEI number matches with the box and also online.
Raz_
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
I'm not a professional when it comes to these IMEI method, but mine shoes 01 as well, but it's because i factory reset it many times, you can keep researching if you want.
0 Likes