Original topic:

How to downgrade M31s to out of the box Android version

(Topic created on: 05-25-2023 03:14 PM)
Rajaswini
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Hello Guys,
My Samsung Galaxy M31s (128 GB) is restarting abruptly after installing the firmware updates. After installing 1 update in April 2023, it started restarting while using WhatsApp (has ~25 GB data). 
Hence I installed all the updates, still didn't resolve the issue. 
Then I disabled auto restart in "General Management", and disabled auto restart in "Battery and Device Care" -> "Automation". Still didn't resolve.
I wiped cache partition, still didn't resolve.
Then I reduced the internal memory to upto 50%, Still didn't resolve. 
I don't want to factory reset my phone. 
Can anyone please help on what else I can do to fix this frequent restarting problem with M31s?
I am thinking to mostly downgrade my Android version to out of the box one. But how to do it?
Will it wipe out internal storage?

17 Comments
Galaxy M
Factory reset or visit the nearest Samsung service center and get it checked. You have done all other options
0 Likes
Rajaswini
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Okay. Thank you
Galaxy M
Factory reset so that if any malicious software is installed then that will be cleaned. There can be other reasons too
Galaxy M
Downgrade is not a solution to everything bro, other troubleshooting needs to be done
Ash00
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
R u using android 12 or android 13?
0 Likes
Rajaswini
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Android 12
0 Likes
Ash00
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Unfortunately there is no official downgrade option.
Have you visited service center?
0 Likes
Rajaswini
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Yet to visit the service center. I am sure they will recommend doing the software reset. And I will surely have to pay them. Any idea how much they will charge for this issue? I suppose this is just a Software issue, as the phone was functioning perfectly fine before the update.
Ash00
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
For payment It depends issue
U can check in Samsung website for spare parts price
0 Likes