Original topic:

Heating and battery drain

(Topic created on: 08-05-2023 02:40 PM)
San3user
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy M
Is anyone facing heating and quick battery drain problem after the recent update???

I am using samsung M52 5g, and my phone is getting so hot when turn on data and heating in back panel and front camera, ear piece. Battery drains so quickly even when in idle condition 85% to 54%. 

Always software updates are horrible and now new problem with every phone horizontal display line.
12 Comments
styropyro
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Turn off auto brightness and see if it makes any difference. Possibly due to the usage of front camera as a light sensor.
0 Likes
San3user
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Yes it is always turned off
0 Likes
styropyro
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Also check if any app is draining too much battery in background. Go to battery and device care>battery and see if it shows issues with any app. If there are issues, just uninstall or put the app into deep sleep mode. If you have apps which you doesn't really want to run in background or show notifications, add them to deep sleep too such that they will only run when you open them.
0 Likes
San3user
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Yes did everything and have only less apps and no games , free storage of 59.6gb . Tried every troubleshooting methods , i think only option is to reset the device.
0 Likes
styropyro
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Yeah. I hope resetting will work. Otherwise, it could be a hardware issue.
0 Likes
San3user
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Hmm yes and no option to turn off volte support
0 Likes
kis5
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
Yes me also facing same issue is there any solution..?
San3user
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Yes follow these steps
1.factory reset
2.reboot it
3.setup phone with needed services
4.uninstall unwanted apps
5.disable unwanted apps and put it to deep sleep
6.turn off notification and background data usage for apps which are not needed
7. Check permission manager and also do some more needed setting

My phone is good as new now and no heat and battery standby is good and long.
msq001
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
My current samsung m52 phone processor started heating after June security patch update just like my last phone samsung m30s which i repaired for Rs8000 . Plz anyone can do something.
0 Likes