Original topic:

Galaxy app Store installed app without permission

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 09:30 PM)
itsb
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy M
Hey samsung why this app's automatically installed (it's from galaxy apps. not from play store) on my phone without my consent? I turned off everything like no auto update apps & i un-tick all your suggested app & I'm not even sign in. Bad practice samsung 😡🤬

23 Comments
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
have you updated your mobile. if yes, after update it will show all these apps to download within 1 tick and click.
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
if not means report to Samsung very siverely.and ask the reason .
0 Likes
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
don't sent report. call to them and talk. that s good and more informative
0 Likes
ada_nelina
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

That's true, data gone 

0 Likes
itsb
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
(reply to your 1st answer)... using it from 6 days. i untick all when setup the device. & turned off auto update or install.
rottnlove
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Depending on the order that you untick and clear settings in the store app settings itself and phone settings for apps they will undo your changes. Google Store settings for updating app using Wi-Fi or mobile data set to never, last logging out in the store settings Samsung account. 

Back in the apps phone settings force stopping the app I assumed would sever the phone settings and the actual GS app from communicating. I turned off all permissions and abilities to change system settings. And then with it force stopped I was going to delete and wipe the phones horde of data used or collected by the GS app. Then when it was looking for its data if the app was reenabled it was looking for broken paths to missing locations. But they somehow still have communication because cleaning the phone side turns all of the app sides settings back on and gives the permissions and system settings access back. 

I have not tried restarting in safe mode and being systematically minimized functionally  by design, the phone settings and app might not have the communication triggering the  app to reset control.

Making changes with stuff while in safe mode is also a good way to possibly brick your phone. I have already learned the lesson multiple times, it's better to be Clueless and safe, than it is to know enough to be dangerous.

I know enough its dangerous.

This has been the thought marbles I've been rolling around, and figured I maybe should share. 

Let someone else who knows enough to not be dangerous take over. 

I remember back in the day it was easy just to buy an app that would freeze bloatware until you decided to unfreeze it. If freezing an app caused problems you shouldn't uninstall it, but if there's nothing wrong with it frozen it was generally considered safe to completely uninstall it. 

Some apps required phone to be rooted and some got around it somehow. I remember rooting my phone to only uninstall the bloatware and then unrooted it back to previous to not trigger the warranty voiding. 

Then the manager of a cell phone store I was friends with told me that being rooted triggering voided warranty was the equivalent of Tattletale water damage stickers. 

If you have loss and damage coverage insurance and you run your phone over in the driveway a few times because you werrent aware of dropping your phone getting in or out at sometime. When you noticed your phone was gone to start looking for it you had been in and out of the driveway a few times and your phone was thoroughly run over. If they can't access the data it's the equivalent of being if they can't access the data it's the equivalent of being able if they can't access the data it's the equivalent of being able to if they can't access the data it's the equivalent of being able to if they can't access the systems data because pieces and parts are missing it's the same as the water damage sticker being missing after being run over. At that point it doesn't matter if it was warrently void triggered or water damaged previously because it's not a refurbishable device anymore. 

0 Likes
rottnlove
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I know enough to be dangerous remember.

If you run your phone over, it's not my fault. 

Lol

0 Likes
smilysahul
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
report to Samsung and ask the reason for it
0 Likes
Members_kpQ7ctD
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

How to stop downloading?

0 Likes